We are no longer maintaining this section by adding new news items. Important news items will be added to article collections about particular topics.
IN THE NEWS...
11/8 VIDEO: Secrets of the CIA
10/30 VIDEO: Jacob Bronowski on The Ascent of Man
6/12 VIDEO: Bill Moyers’ Address at the Nat’l Conference for Media Reform
An incredible speech by Bill Moyers about how big business, our government, and news media have merged, causing the American people to have no clue as to what is really happening.
6/1 Deoband Fatwa Against Terrorism
5/27 VIDEO: The U.S. and Iran, Lessons From History
5/25 Indian Muslims Movement Against Terrorism
5/25 Are Indian Muslims Leading the Way in Condeming Terror?
A “Movement Against Terrorism” has been created by clerics to exhort imams to use Friday prayers at mosques across India to speak out against terrorism.
5/11 The U.S. Terrorism Report: Selective data, wrong lessons
5/4 Christianity and War: Readings in the Age of Empire
4/21 VIDEO: War Made Easy
War Made Easy reaches into the Orwellian memory hole to expose a 50-year pattern of government deception and media spin that has dragged the United States into one war after another from Vietnam to Iraq. Narrated by actor and activist Sean Penn, the film exhumes remarkable archival footage of official distortion and exaggeration from LBJ to George W. Bush, revealing in stunning detail how the American news media have uncritically disseminated the pro-war messages of successive presidential administrations.
4/14 Foreign Policy Reality Check
All of the current action items - petitions, letters to government officials, etc. are now listed in this one file. Updated regularly.
In the name of God,The Compassionate, The Merciful
Oh mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know each other (Not that you may despise each other). 49;13
Search The American Muslim
- No Honor for A Career of Hate
- Let History Teach Us Coexistence
- We Don’t Want You to Swim in the River
- Islamophobes Discover Non-Existent Arabic Jihad Plots - updated 4/10/14
- Brandeis University Reconsiders and Will Not Honor Ayaan Hirsi Ali
- Plant Trees Not Bombs in Afghanistan
Afghan Peace Volunteers4/8/14
- Pamela Geller discovers “Easter Egg Jihad”
- Palestine and Israel: two-state, one-state, Jewish state, no state
- Pat Dollard promotes slaughtering “all” American Muslims
- Warm Pakistani-American gathering launches Akbar Ahmed’s latest project
- Poetry: Jummah, March 8, 2013
- Egypt’s Sisi has won the race before it begins
- Russia and Scorpions
Rev. Frank Julian Gelli3/27/14
- Digital Devices and the Middle Way
Hasan Zillur Rahim3/27/14
- The “Alice in Arabia” Controversy
- The Abu Eesa Niamatullah Controversy - updated 3/24/2012
- Crimean Tatars in Ukraine: Deep-Seated Fears
- Waiting for Sisi
- How Hard Is It To Establish a Real Muslim Umbrella Organization? - updated 3/12/2014
- Indonesian Scholars Issue Fatwa Against Wildlife Trafficking
- Freedom and Faith
- Kerry shifts from provocation to diplomacy on Ukraine crisis