American Muslims Respond to Boston Marathon Bombings
Our Thoughts and Prayers Are With All Those in Boston: Muslim Public Affairs Council (MPAC) Condemns Heinous Terrorist Act
The Muslim Public Affairs Council expresses its condolences for all those in Boston and with the families and loved ones of the two victims and at least 100 injured from the explosions.
MPAC condemns this terrorist attack; this is a horrible crime, and we call on all of us as Americans to work together to bring those responsible to justice. The Boston Marathon is an annual, historic event with more than 28,000 people participating from all around the world. To attack those on what is supposed to be a day of jubilation is criminal and inexcusable.
MPAC has been in touch with federal authorities and Muslim community leaders in Boston to get up-to-date and accurate information as this fluid situation develops. At this point no one has claimed responsibility. We will convey any information we receive from authorities.
“This is a time for us to show resilience and calmness, as we come together to help the American public recover from this heinous act,” said Salam Al-Marayati, MPAC President. “At this point the investigation is too early to determine the nature of this crime.”
We ask everyone to reach out to their faith and civic leaders to coordinate with authorities to bring resolution to this tragedy.
At a press conference this afternoon, Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis urged the public to come forward with any information about the explosions, please call 800-494-TIPS (8477). To identify family members or victims, please call 617-635-4500.
Condolences, Prayers and Support After Boston Marathon and JFK Library Explosions
The Islamic Society of Boston Cultural Center and the Boston-Muslim community is deeply saddened by the tragic occurrence at the Boston Marathon and JFK Library, both icons of our great City. We are concerned for the loss of life and injuries to the victims. Our prayers and thoughts go out to the victims and their families, to the marathon organizers, runners and fans, and to our Boston community at large.
As Bostonians, and inspired by the values of mercy and justice central to our faith, the American-Muslim community stands ready to help. We have close to 40 ISBCC volunteers on site who are committed to assist in relief efforts and also donate blood. Should the City call upon us, we are also ready to transform the ISBCC into a disaster relief center. Additionally, we extend our spiritual counseling services to any of the victims and their family members.
We hold to the highest standard the human safety and security of our City, its people and its guests. We encourage any Bostonian who sees any suspicious activity or package to report it to the number provided by the Boston Police Chief: 800-494-TIPS (800-494-8477).
In the wake of the horrific attacks on our city’s historic Marathon, the Islamic Society of Boston Cultural Center and the Boston-Muslim community call upon all, to lend a hand and make a donation to relief efforts for the victims and their families.
At this point, the critical need is health care for victims, mental health counseling for those directly or indirectly affected, and visitations to victims and their family. Here is how YOU can get involved:
1. Volunteer to make potential hospital visits the victims: *Sign-up at http://isbcc.org/volunteer/ (under ‘volunteer interest’ please indicate “Boston Marathon Relief Volunteer”)
2. Donate to ISBCC’s health relief efforts for the victims who are hospitalized and who need mental health counseling: *Donations can be made online http://links.masboston.org?healthfund or by check payable to “MAS-ISBCC” (in the memo line please indicate ‘restricted for health relief costs’)
The ISBCC continues to offer spiritual counseling services to the victims and their family members, and is organizing a mental health forum to be hosted at the center in the coming weeks. Our prayers are with the victims and their families, and with our local law enforcement officials who are working tirelessly to protect us all. God bless you and God bless our great City of Boston.
Muslim Peace Coalition-USA Statement
Imam Abdul Malik Mujahid, the founder of Muslim Peace Coalition USA, has condemned the Boston bombings as a cowardly act and a crime against humanity. “Our prayers and thoughts are with the victims and their families,” said Imam Mujahid. According to the media reports two people including a child were killed and more than 100 were wounded in three bombings in Boston as the Boston marathon was concluding.
“We hope that the perpetrators will be caught promptly, unlike after the Atlanta Olympics bombing, and punished to the fullest extent of the law,” said Dr. Shaik Ubaid, the co-chair of the New York chapter of the coalition. “This act will bring the country together in resolve and compassion as the nation will stand united and care for the victims and their families, while the law enforcement agencies will launch a thorough investigation into the bombings,” said Dr. Ubaid
CAIR Urges Prayers, Blood Donations for Boston Bomb Victims
“American Muslims, like Americans of all backgrounds, condemn in the strongest possible terms today’s cowardly bomb attack on participants and spectators of the Boston Marathon. We urge people of all faiths to pray for the victims and their loved ones and for the speedy recovery of those injured. We also call for the swift apprehension and punishment of the perpetrators. While spiritual measures can serve to comfort those in physical and emotional pain, we also call on Muslims and others in the Boston area to donate blood through the Red Cross as a concrete show of support for the bomb attack victims. Those who were participating in the marathon or were watching the event should contact authorities with any potential eyewitness information they may have.”
The Washington-based civil rights organization urged Muslims to listen to government announcements to determine other steps they might take to help first responders and those impacted by the tragic event.
ISNA Expresses Concern and Condolences After Attack at Boston Marathon
ISNA is shocked and saddened to hear about the blasts at the Boston Marathon this afternoon. Our prayers are with the victims and their loved ones. We are especially saddened to hear that at least three people have been killed, including an 8 year old.
Boston’s first responders showed true compassion, courage and strength in the face of a crisis, and we are grateful for their hard work to rescue those who were injured. We also thank all those bystanders whose first instinct was to run toward the chaos to help.
ISNA is in communication with members of the Boston Muslim community to offer condolences and support. If anyone is searching for a loved one in Boston, a hotline number has been set up by Boston authorities: 617-635-4520. While it is still unclear who carried out these attacks, we pray that our law enforcement officials will be able to swiftly apprehend the perpetrators and bring them to justice.
UPDATE: Prayer vigils are taking place all across the country for the victims and their loved ones. If you are in Boston, click here to find more information about vigils you can join. Regardless of where you are, you can offer condolences to the family of Martin Richard, the 8 year old boy who died in the attacks, by
Islamic Networks Group (ING) Statement
It is with heavy hearts that we share these reflections on the horrific attacks in Boston which killed three and injured scores more. We extend our sympathy and condolences and send special prayers of healing to all of those affected by these terrorist attacks in Boston.
It is with so many unanswered questions that we reflect on this wanton act which caused multiple injuries and loss of human life. No cause warrants this pain and suffering. Such actions bring nothing but chaos and heartache. This disturbs us, not only as Americans, but at our core, as human beings. We fear these questions may meet no answers.
The spirit of the Boston Marathon is one of perseverance and dedication, and the people of Boston embody that spirit. The Boston Marathon has developed over the past 100+ years as a beacon of community building, healthy competition, inclusiveness, and the celebration of the human body and spirit. Patriots’ Day, the Massachusetts holiday on which the marathon is traditionally held, is a commemoration of all of those who put their lives on the line in defense of the principles on which this nation was founded, particularly those of individual and religious freedom.
We extend our prayers to the victims’ families, the runners whose day of triumph was turned into a day of mourning, and all who are committed to the defense and affirmation of life, rather than its destruction. We encourage people to donate to http://onefundboston.com/ We ho.pe that the people affected by this senseless tragedy can find the courage and means to begin to heal.
Together we commit to a more peaceful world, and take this opportunity to redouble our efforts in increased outreach, dialogue, and understanding. We dream together of a world where violence is no longer a possibility or a choice.
Dar Al-Hijrah Denounces The Heinous Attack on the Boston Marathon
In response to the recent attack at the Boston Marathon,Dar Al-Hijrah Islamic Center sends our sincere condolences to those who lost loved ones due to the cowardly and heinous acts of violence.
As part of the traditions of Patriarch Abraham, we, Muslims, believe in only one God and one universal message sent through many messengers. That message is one that condems the acts perpetrated in Boston. We believe in the screptures sent to David, the Torah of Moses, and the Gospel (Injil) of Jesus as holy books.
The Quran teaches that to take the life of even one innocent person is a grave injustice: “… that if anyone slays a human being-unless it be [in punishment] for murder or for spreading corruption on earth-it shall be as though he had slain all mankind; whereas, if anyone saves a life, it shall be as though he had saved the lives of all mankind…” Qur’an 5:31
We extend our prayers to the injured and to their families. It is clear that the violence perpetrated in Boston was an attack against American values and our way of life; regardless of religion, race, national origin or ideology. This was an attack directed against all of us. We encourage everyone to participate fully with law enforcement as they work to bring the perpetrators to justice. On behalf of the Muslim community, we appreciate the leadership of President Obama as he urged the media and the law enforcement authority for not to rush to judgment about the perpetrators or their affiliations.
Washington, DC, similar to Boston, is the home of many outdoor gatherings; and members of the Washington, DC community often participate in the Boston Marathon. We can all take comfort in the knowledge and reality that the people of Boston and all Americans are resilient; and together we will continue our way of life in the face of uncertainty with dignity, unity, faith and resolve.
The body of Tamerlan Tsarnaev has not been claimed by his wife or anyone in the U.S., although his family in Chechnya is trying to make funeral arrangements. A funeral home director in Massachusetts took the body as he believes everyone deserves a decent burial. However, at this point, no cemetery is willing to take him, and protestors are outside of his funeral home. It has been reported by the Daily Beast that at least one local Imam (Imam Talal Eid of Cambridge) has said flatly that his mosque would not provide an Islamic burial for Tamerlan.
They also report that Imam Suhaib Webb at another local mosque said that he “is of the view that as a working imam he is obligated to perform the burial rite for Tamerlan, just as the doctors at the emergency room were obligated to make every effort to save the bombing suspect’s life, no matter his deeds. “We denounce the things he’s accused of,” Webb says. “We mourn as Bostonians.” He is as forthright in his condemnation of the bombings as would, no doubt, those other doctors who successfully saved the younger Tsarnaev bother, Dzhokhar. “I can’t find any justification,” Webb says. But Webb is just as willing to do what he feels is required of him as an imam. The family only need ask him. He will respond as a coroner does when called to duty as was “The person who had to do the autopsy,” Webb says.
It was reported by HNGN Global News that Tamerlan’s widow has refused to claim the body, but that Tamerlan Tsarnaev’s uncle Ruslan had said that “Of course, family members will take possession of the body. We’ll do it. We will do it. A family is a family.”
As of now, as the Boston Herald reports No one wants to bury Tamerlan Tsarnaev.
I am very proud of Imam Suhaib for expressing these compassionate views, although, since the local Muslim community doesn’t own a cemetery, he would probably still have difficulty finding a cemetery that would be willing to take the body. I am very proud of the funeral home director who took the body in spite of protests. I am very proud of the uncle Ruslan Tsarni who has done the right thing in washing the body and getting it ready for burial.
It has just been reported that an individual has come forward and offered a place in his family plot for the burial of the body. “... Paul Keane, the owner of the plot, wrote in his blog “The Anti Yale” that he would like to “donate a burial plot next to my mother in Mt. Carmel Burying Ground to the Tsarnaev family if they cannot obtain a plot. The only condition is that I do it in memory of my mother who taught Sunday School at the Mt. Carmel Congregational Church for twenty years and taught me to ‘love thine enemy’. Keane, a Yale Divinity School graduate, told the New Haven Register that his family owns four plots in the Central Burying Grounds on Whitney Avenue.”
It was also reported that some individuals plan on picketing the cemetery to express their disapproval. This is very sad. Whatever Tsarnaev has done, he is now dead, and deserves to be buried.
The body of Tamerlan Tsarnaev was buried today in an undisclosed location. An anonymous individual came forward and provided a burial space. **
SEE ALSO: Those articles with an asterisk are written by North American Muslims.
* 3 Reasons Interfaith Efforts Matter More Than Ever, Eboo Patel http://www.huffingtonpost.com/eboo-patel/3-reasons-interfaith-efforts-matter-more-than-ever_b_3134795.html
* 4 ways for Muslims to confront extremists, Hadia Mubarak http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/on-faith/wp/2013/05/01/four-ways-muslims-can-stop-the-next-terror-attack/
* 5 dumbest things said about the Boston Marathon Explosions: Fox News, Asra Nomani, (some) Republicans, Omid Safi http://omidsafi.religionnews.com/2013/04/27/5-dumbest-things/
* 8 Reasons Why I, as an American Muslim, Don’t Feel Guilty About the Boston Bombings http://muslimmatters.org/2013/05/02/8-reasons-i-dont-feel-gulity-abou-the-boston-bombings/
9 questions about Chechnya and Dagestan you were too embarrassed to ask, Max Fisher http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2013/04/19/9-questions-about-chechnya-and-dagestan-you-were-too-embarrassed-to-ask/
* 10 Essential points about the Boston Marathon bombers, Islam, and America , Omid Safi http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/10-essential-points-about-the-boston-marathon-bombers-islam-and-america/0019763
* 17,000+ “Islamic terrorist” attacks exist only in fevered Islamophobic brains, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/17000_islamic_terrorist_attacks_exist_in_fevered_islamophobic_brains
* After Boston: Why Increased Profiling of Muslims Is Not The Answer, Hesham Hassaballa http://www.chicagonow.com/midwestern-muslim/2013/05/after-boston-why-increased-profiling-of-muslims-is-not-the-answer/
* American Muslims must fight stereotypes, suspicion together, Nida Khan http://thegrio.com/2013/04/28/being-muslim-means-fighting-suspicion/
America’s Muslims on our side, Benjamin Wachs http://www.mpnnow.com/opinions/x1431014305/Benjamin-Wachs-America-s-Muslims-on-our-side
* Answers to Peter King’s Claims About the American Muslim Community, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/answers_to_peter_kings_claims_about_the_american_muslim_community
* An Enemy No Bigger Than We Are, Sami Elmansoury http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sami-h-elmansoury/an-enemy-no-bigger-than-w_b_3129028.html?utm_hp_ref=politics
* Are the Boston bombing suspects representative of Islam or of American Muslims?: I am not the Tsarnaevs, Wajahat Ali http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/are-the-boston-bombing-suspects-representative-of-islam-or-of-american-musl/0019765
* The big lie about Muslim exceptionalism, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/the-big-lie-about-muslim-exceptionalism
* Blame Al Qaeda For Boston’s Bombing If You Want, But Don’t Help Them Win! , Dr. David Liepert http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/blame-al-qaeda-for-bostons-bombing-if-you-want-but-dont-help-them-win/0019760
Bombing suspect disrupted Cambridge mosque (and was thrown out) http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2013/04/21/marathon-bombing-suspect-outbursts-had-disturbed-cambridge-mosque-goers/LkZnWkXgaRZcMDUdE6V9jM/story.html
* Boston Bombers Driven By Politics, Not Islam, Mustafa Akyol http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2013/04/boston-bombing-political-jihad-not-islam.html
* Boston Bombers Motivated by Religion or Politics?: Media Regurgitates Propaganda, Danios of Loonwatch http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/boston-bombers-motivated-by-religion-media-regurgitates-propaganda/0019774
* Boston Bombers Showcase Issue of Young Muslims Between Worlds, Akbar Ahmed http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/13/130422-boston-marathon-bombings-terrorism-islam-muslims-chechnya-opinion/
Boston Bombing Brings Twist to Cold Murder Case http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/boston-bombing-brings-twist-cold-murder-case/story?id=19063282
The Boston Bombing: Made in the U.S.A. http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2013/05/the-boston-bombing-made-in-the-usa/275510/
Boston Bombing Suspects Motivated By Afghanistan, Iraq Wars: Report http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/23/boston-bombing-suspects-motive-afghanistan-iraq_n_3140547.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular
Boston Bombing Suspects Raise New Terrorism Questions: Anti-terrorism expert David Schanzer fits marathon bombings into broader trends http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/13/130420-homegrown-terrorism-tsarnaev-brothers-boston-marathon-bombings-islam-radicalism/
* Boston bombing: US Muslims react with fear, frustration, and new resolve, Husna Haq http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Society/2013/0425/Boston-bombing-US-Muslims-react-with-fear-frustration-and-new-resolve
* Boston bombings and a Muslim identity crisis, Faheem Younus http://www.csmonitor.com/Commentary/Opinion/2013/0425/Boston-bombings-and-a-Muslim-identity-crisis
* Boston bombings and the radicalized homegrown terrorist, Mohamed Elibiary http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/on-faith/wp/2013/04/30/boston-bombings-and-the-radicalized-homegrown-terrorist/
The Boston Bombings Gave Americans a Taste of the Terrorism the U.S. Inflicts Abroad Every Day, Noam Chomsky http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/chomsky-boston-bombings-gave-americans-taste-terrorism-us-inflicts-abroad-every
* Boston Marathon Bombing and Combating Extremism, Salam Al-Marayati http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/boston-marathon-bombing-and-combating-extremism/0019772
* The Boston Marathon Bomber Should Be Tried for His Crimes, Not His Religion or Ethnicity , Ali Younes http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ali-younes/marathon-bomber-islam_b_3143673.html
* Boston Marathon Bombing Islamophobia: Media to Blame For America’s Ignorance On Islam , Sabith Khan http://www.policymic.com/articles/37147/boston-marathon-bombing-islamophobia-media-to-blame-for-america-s-ignorance-on-islam
* The Boston Marathon, Terrorism, and President Obama, Omid Safi http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/the-boston-marathon-terrorism-and-president-obama/0019761
Boston Muslims gather, saddened and shaken http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2013/04/27/boston-muslims-gather-for-friday-prayer-saddened-shaken-indignant/pRkx8sa7R8AmvtVSwHhOWJ/story.html
* Boston’s Largest Mosque: ‘We’re Bostonians—We Mourn With The City’, Shahien Nasiripour http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/16/boston-mosque_n_3093919.html
Charts: How Much Danger Do We Face From Homegrown Jihadist Terrorists?, Dave Gilson http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/04/charts-domestic-terrorism-jihadist-boston-tsarnaev
* Claim that all, or most terrorists are Muslims ignores history & reality, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/claim_that_all_terrorists_are_muslims_ignores_history
* The Curious Case of Katherine Russell, Deanna Othman http://www.huffingtonpost.com/deanna-othman/the-curious-case-of-katherine-russell_b_3167609.html
Dearborn mosque to hold service honoring victims of Boston bombings http://www.freep.com/article/20130419/NEWS02/304190120/mosque-muslim-Boston-bombings
* Do You Even Hear Muslims When We Condemn Violence?, Qasim Rashid http://www.huffingtonpost.com/qasim-rashid/do-you-even-hear-muslims-when-we-condemn-violence_b_3125564.html
Every American Muslim’s Fear After the Boston Bombing, Charles King http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/04/20/every-american-muslim-s-fear-after-the-boston-bombing.html
* Evil Knows No Creed, Hasan Zilur Rahim http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/evil-knows-no-creed/0019773
* Female converts to Islam facing growing scrutiny, Omar Sacirbey http://www.religionnews.com/2013/04/29/female-converts-to-islam-facing-growing-scrutiny/
Florida Muslims Condemn the Boston Attacks http://online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-20130419-911130.html?mod=googlenews_wsj
Grief without borders, Robert C. Koehler http://www.islamicity.com/articles/Articles.asp?ref=IV1304-5428
Here Comes the Post-Boston Anti-Muslim Paranoia, Elspeth Reeve http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2013/04/post-boston-anti-muslim-paranoia/64493/
* I’m Muslim, and I hate terrorism, Dean Obeidallah http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/im-muslim-and-i-hate-terrorism/0019770
I’m Telling Your Imam: If you want to stop Islamic terrorism, Muslims are your best friends, William Saletan http://mobile.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/frame_game/2013/04/the_boston_marathon_bombing_and_the_canadian_via_rail_plot_how_muslims_can.html
Imam Maher Hathout tells Muslims not to apologize for their faith after Boston bombings http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-boston-bombing-muslims-told-not-to-apologize-for-their-faith-20130420,0,856375.story
* Hijab and the Boston Bombers, Nicole J. Hunter Mostafa http://www.patheos.com/blogs/mmw/2013/04/hijab-and-the-boston-bombers/
Interfaith Statement of Grief and Hope From Boston http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rabbi-or-rose/a-statement-of-grief-and-hope-from-boston_b_3101229.html
* Islam dragged through the mud by extremists like Tsarnaev brothers, Salam al-Marayati http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2013-04-23/national/38758868_1_american-muslims-boston-marathon-muslim-extremists
- Sen. Greg Ball says Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev should be tortured http://blog.timesunion.com/capitol/archives/185618/greg-ball-wants-to-torture-dzhokhar/
- Ann Coulter: Bombing Suspect’s Wife Should Be Jailed For Wearing Hijab http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/23/ann-coulter-hijab_n_3139513.html
- Steven Emerson gets it wrong again, Alex Seitz-Wald http://www.salon.com/2013/04/18/the_rights_new_boston_conspiracy_theory/
- Sen. Feinstein calls out Peter King’s Islamophobia and ‘hatred’ for Muslims (after King’s response to Boston bombings) http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/04/21/feinstein-calls-out-peter-kings-islamophobia-and-hatred-for-muslims/
- Bryan Fischer of the American Family Association renewed his call for a ban on immigration from majority Muslim nations, claiming that our immigration policy should simply consist of the question “do you believe that the Quran is the holy book of God”? Anyone who answers “yes” is banned from entering the country http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/fischers-simple-immigration-policy-ban-anyone-who-believes-quran
- Bryan Fischer: ‘Eventually All of America Is Going to Agree With Me’ to Ban Muslims and Mosques http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/fischer-eventually-all-america-going-agree-me-ban-muslims-and-mosques
- Fox News Seizes On Boston Bombing To Suggest Obama Is A Secret Muslim http://thinkprogress.org/media/2013/04/25/1920191/fox-islamophobia-boston/
- Fox News Attacks Muslims Relentlessly In Wake Of Boston Bombing http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/24/fox-news-attacks-muslims-boston_n_3146427.html
- Pamela Geller and the Jihad Fearwagon Go Into Overdrive http://www.policymic.com/articles/37421/pamela-geller-and-the-jihad-fearwagon-go-into-overdrive
- Pamela Geller: Anti-Muslim Demagogues Firehose of Hate Speech - Demented, raging hatred and calls for banning and deporting Muslims, Charles Johnson http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/41905_Anti-Muslim_Demagogue_Pamela_Gellers_Firehose_of_Hate_Speech
- Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX) said that Muslim Brotherhood Is Guiding Obama In Boston Bombings Investigation http://thinkprogress.org/security/2013/04/27/1931051/tea-party-congressman-obama-bungled-investigation-of-boston-bombings-because-he-is-being-guided-by-muslim-brotherhood/
- Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX) suggested Obama’s ‘Political Correctness’ On Islam Led To Boston Bombings http://thinkprogress.org/security/2013/04/26/1929031/gohmert-islam-boston/
GOP: Four Republicans Who Don’t Understand the Constitution They’ve Sworn to Defend, Adam Serwer http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2013/04/four-republicans-who-dont-understand-constitution-theyve-sworn-protect
- GOP Uses Bombings to Fuel Anti-Islam Fire http://www.ringoffireradio.com/2013/04/29/gop-uses-bombings-to-fuel-anti-islam-fire/
- Jim Hoft’s Breaking Bombshell of the Day: Victim of Terrorism Visited by Michelle Obama!, Charles Johnson http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/41922_Jim_Hofts_Breaking_Bombshell_of_the_Day-_Victim_of_Terrorism_Visited_by_Michelle_Obama!
- Rev. Rick Joyner: The Government’s Failure to Stop the Boston Bombing Was Treason due to infiltration by Muslim Brotherhood operatives into high-ranking official positions http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/joyner-governments-failure-stop-boston-bombing-was-treason
- Rep. Peter King wants to increase surveillance of the American Muslim community http://www.politico.com/story/2013/04/keith-ellison-peter-king-comments-ridiculous-90461.html
- Jeffrey Kuhner, Washington Times Wingnut Wants Obama Impeached for Boston Bombings, Charles Johnson http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/41929_Washington_Times_Wingnut_Wants_Obama_Impeached_for_Boston_Bombings
- Muslim Bashing in the Wake of Boston Bombing, Lacey Gray http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/13/130426-boston-marathon-bombing-racism-hate-anti-arab-muslim-tamerlan-dzokhar-tsarnaev/#
- * Muslims Dancing In Streets of Gaza After Boston Terrorist Attack? (another fake story using old photo) http://www.loonwatch.com/2013/04/muslims-dancing-in-streets-after-boston-terrorist-attack/
Muslims See Little Backlash After Boston Bombing, Rachel Zoll http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/muslims-backlash-boston-bombing-19052518
- Bill O’Reilly Demands To Know Why Obama Didn’t Condemn Islam Immediately After Boston Bombing http://thinkprogress.org/security/2013/04/24/1911791/o039reilly-american-muslims/
- Rep. Michele Presnell (R-NC) said she would not be comfortable with a Muslim prayer before a legislative meeting because “I do not condone terrorism.” http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/04/10/2813754/dome-nc-lawmaker-equates-islamic.html
- The Right’s latest invention: ‘Gazans celebrated Boston bombings’, Larry Derfner http://972mag.com/the-rights-latest-invention-gazans-celebrated-boston-bombings/69876/
- Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (R-CA) Says Islam Will ‘Motivate People To Murder Children’ http://thinkprogress.org/security/2013/04/26/1928321/rohrabacher-boston-islam/?mobile=nc
- Erik Rush, a conservative columnist tweeted about Muslims “Yes, they’re evil. Let’s kill them all.” He later said it was just a joke, and he deleted the tweets http://www.upi.com/blog/2013/04/15/Fox-regular-Erik-Rush-makes-Muslims-joke-after-Boston-Marathon-explosions/7001366068192/
- white privilege radically changes the appearance of Tsarnaev bros http://www.brofiling.com/post/49029017043/white-privilege-radically-changes-the-appearance
* Islam’s role in bombing misrepresented, Abdul Cader Asmal http://www.wickedlocal.com/needham/news/opinions/x63474218/Needham-Guest-Column-Islams-role-in-bombing-misrepresented?zc_p=0#axzz2SAAAjc34
* Justice Is Not Enough!, Muqtedar Khan http://www.huffingtonpost.com/muqtedar-khan/justice-is-not-enough_b_3129892.html
* The Light and the Wound: America and the Global Community , Omid Safi http://www.huffingtonpost.com/omid-safi/huffpost-jummah-the-light-and-the-wound-america-and-the-global-community_b_3162597.html?utm_hp_ref=tw
‘Misha’ interviewed by FBI in Boston bombings probe, source says http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/29/us/boston-attack/index.html
‘Misha’ Speaks: An Interview with the Alleged Boston Bomber’s ‘Svengali’, Christian Caryl http://www.nybooks.com/blogs/nyrblog/2013/apr/28/tamerlan-tsarnaev-misha-speaks/
* Muhammad Versus Bin Laden Is A War Muslims Are Winning: Go Canada!, Dr. David Liepert http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/muhammad-versus-bin-laden-is-a-war-muslims-are-winning-go-canada/0019767
The Muslim Problem?, Belen Fernandez http://jacobinmag.com/2013/04/the-muslim-problem/
* Muslim Violence, Christian Non-Violence: People in Glass Houses Should Not Throw Words , Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/muslim_violence_christian_non_violence_people_in_glass_houses_should_not_th
* Muslim Voices Against Extremism and Terrorism http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/muslim_voices_against_extremism_and_terrorism_2/
* Muslim Youth, Your Time Has Come: Maher Hathout, Maher Hathout http://www.illumemagazine.com/zine/articleDetail.php?Muslim-Youth-Your-Time-Has-Come-Maher-Hathout-14261
Muslims On Boston Bombings: We’re All Disgusted http://www.npr.org/2013/04/24/178805805/muslims-on-boston-bombings-were-all-disgusted
* No room for radicals, Imam Suhaib Webb http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/no-room-for-radicals/0019776
* Not in the Name of Islam: Reflections on the Boston Marathon Bombings , Ajarat Bada http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ajarat-bada/not-in-the-name-of-islam-reflections-on-the-boston-marathon-bombings_b_3149493.html
* Obama’s rush to judgment: Was the Boston bombing really a “terrorist” act?, Ali Abunimah http://electronicintifada.net/blogs/ali-abunimah/obamas-rush-judgment-was-boston-bombing-really-terrorist-act#comment-14361
* Open letter to Tsarnaev brothers, Ghazala Hayat http://www.stltoday.com/lifestyles/faith-and-values/civil-religion/ghazala-hayat/open-letter-to-tsarnaev-brothers/article_b5e480e0-ae62-11e2-995d-0019bb30f31a.html
* Our Values Must Unite Us After Tragedy in Boston, Sahar Aziz http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/our-values-must-unite-us-after-tragedy-in-boston/0019759
* “Please don’t let it be a Muslim”, Wajahat Ali http://www.salon.com/2013/04/17/please_dont_let_it_be_a_muslim/
* Policing terrorists in the community, Sahar F. Aziz http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/policing-terrorists-in-the-community/0019768
Pot and Partying: Top Ten Signs the Tsarnaev Brothers Weren’t Pious Muslims, Juan Cole http://www.juancole.com/2013/04/partying-tsarnaev-brothers.html
The Recurring Motive for Anti-US ‘Terrorism’, Glenn Greenwald http://readersupportednews.org/opinion2/277-75/17124-the-recurring-motive-for-anti-us-terrorism
* Resources for dealing with Islamophobes & responding to false claims, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/there-is-a-reason/0019403
Russia Tells US That Tamerlan Tsarnaev Did Not Contact Terror Groups During 2012 Trip, Charles Johnson http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/41925_Russia_Tells_US_That_Tamerlan_Tsarnaev_Did_Not_Contact_Terror_Groups_During_2012_Trip
The same motive for anti-US ‘terrorism’ is cited over and over: Ignoring the role played by US actions is dangerously self-flattering and self-delusional, Glenn Greenwald http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/apr/24/boston-terrorism-motives-us-violence
Terrorism and Privilege: Understanding the Power of Whiteness, Tim Wise http://www.timwise.org/2013/04/terrorism-and-privilege-understanding-the-power-of-whiteness/
Terrorism and the other religions, Juan Cole http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/terrorism-and-the-other-religions/0019771
Dzhokhar Tsarnaev’s repeated requests for a lawyer were ignored, Glenn Greenwald http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/apr/29/tsarnaev-right-to-counsel-denied
Tamerlan Tsarnaev was ejected from his Cambridge, Massachusetts mosque three months ago http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2312470/Tamerlan-Tsarnaev-Boston-bomber-thrown-mosque-raged-filled-rant-Martin-Luther-King.html#ixzz2RIuCe8r8
Tsarnaev brothers had a CIA connection http://www.nationofchange.org/tsarnaev-brothers-had-cia-connection-1367503725
* Unspeakable Barbarism, Hesham Hassaballa http://www.chicagonow.com/midwestern-muslim/2013/04/unspeakable-barbarism/
U.S. officials say the surviving suspect in last week’s attack on the Boston Marathon has told investigators he and his brother were angry about U.S. wars in Muslim countries http://www.navytimes.com/article/20130424/NEWS/304240025/Officials-U-S-wars-against-Muslims-fueled-Boston-bombing-suspects
* Violence of a few doesn’t represent Islam, Debbie Almontaser http://www.amny.com/urbanite-1.812039/almontaser-violence-of-a-few-doesn-t-represent-islam-1.5163861
* What everyone “knows” about Islam and Muslims is wrong, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/what_everyone_knows
* What Responses To Different Tragedies Teach Us About Ourselvesm, Yousef Munayyer http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/04/26/how-we-respond-to-different-tragedies.html
* What to Make of the Chechnya Connection? An Expert Weighs In, Hussein Rashid http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/what-to-make-of-the-chechnya-connection-an-expert-weighs-in/0019766
* When the perpetrator is Muslim, the motive must be Islam, Deanna Othman http://www.chicagotribune.com/site/ct-perspec-0424-rhetoric-20130424,0,7352570.story
When terror hits home: A look at the worst bombings in the U.S. http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2013/04/when_terror_hits_home_a_look_a.html
Why is Boston ‘terrorism’ but not Aurora, Sandy Hook, Tucson and Columbine?, Glenn Greenwald http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/apr/22/boston-marathon-terrorism-aurora-sandy-hook
The wrong kind of Caucasian, Sarah Kendzior http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2013/04/2013421145859380504.html
Originally published 4/15/2013 and updated