Pamela Geller Attempts to Make a Point, Muslims Shrug
by Sheila Musaji
In April of 2008, Pamela Geller of Atlas Shrugs posted an article responding to an article I had written about Phyllis Chesler. She titled her article “Attacking Chesler: American Muslim Female Takes on Chesler”. As could be expected she didn’t understand how I could possibly say anything negative about Chessler’s anti-Muslim writings. Geller called me a “tool of jihad” who is tearing a “truthteller apart” while “doing nothing for my sisters”. However, she did not directly address any of the specific points that I made in my article. (Note: Geller’s article still comes up on a Google search, and in a search of my name on her site, but if you click on the link you will only get an error message. The article has been pulled). My response to Geller’s claims in her article was the first item in this collection of information on Geller, who along with her partner Robert Spencer seem to be the most prolific Islamophobes.
Geller attempted to make a point but her logic backfired. She said “Who better understands the subjugation demanded of shariah law than a Muslim woman?” I am a Muslim woman, and I would agree with her that I certainly understand shariah law and Islam better than she does (or Phyllis Chessler does), but I don’t think that is the point she was trying to make.
Not in relation to anything that I wrote in my article, Geller raised the supposed Muslim belief in a dar al Islam, dar al Harb division of the world - repeating this false charge against Islam that is made over and over again by Islamophobes that this is the only division that Muslims recognize. If you don’t have something to say make something up is a favored tactic. Have none of these people ever heard of dar al Hudna (place of truce) or Dar al Ahd (place of treaty) or Dar al Amn (place of safety) and if not, why not. I for one would consider the United States as Dar al Islam because it is a place where a Muslim can practice his/her religion freely (and that is the basic definition for dar al Islam). I have never met an American Muslim who thought America fell into the category of dar al Harb, and if there are any they need to immediately leave because they don’t belong here, and according to their belief must do Hijra (migration) to a place of truce, treaty or safety.
Tariq Ramadan is one scholar among many who rejects a “binary separation of the world into dar al-Islam (the abode of Islam) and dar al-harb (the abode of war), since such separation was never mentioned in the Qur’an. He believes that European Muslims could be said to live in dar al-Dawa (space of testimony) in which Muslims are “witnesses before mankind” and are forced to consider the fundamental principles of Islam and take responsibility for their faith. He emphasizes a Muslim’s responsibility to his community, whether it be Islamic or not. He criticizes the ‘us vs. them’ mentality that some Muslims advocate against the West.” Maulana Wahiduddin Khan is another scholar who might explain this to Geller.
As to Geller’s suggestion that Sharia is in opposition to American values, or makes it difficult for an observant Muslim to be a patriotic American: Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani sent a fatwa to Muslims in the West in which he said in part: “Muslims have undertaken to obey the laws of the country of their residence and thus they must be faithful to that undertaking”. It condemned all acts of violence and encouraged imams to keep a watchful eye on what’s going on inside their mosques. “Any Muslim man or woman must act in the best interests of his or her country of residence by protecting it from all acts that might put this country in jeopardy.”
The determination to seperate the world into US and THEM seems to be much more prevalent among Christians and Jews in the West than among Muslims.
Geller closes her article with: “Meanwhile, these sanctimonious tools, enjoy all the luxurious freedoms that America provides (free to express their seditious opinions, they fail to compute they are not going to like what comes after America).”
This statement is puzzling to me as I am an American, born and raised and of course enjoy the freedoms that America provides and wish only to see those freedoms preserved for all Americans. This is not sedition but patriotism.
I agree with T.O. Shanavas who said in an article on The American Muslim site: “American Muslims must struggle along with the rest of Americans against any threat from external or internal forces that endanger our re-discovered freedom. We must struggle for a better America without abridging freedom. America may not be the perfect utopia of Christians or Muslims, or of anybody else, but it is the most resilient nation in the contemporary world. Muslim Americans joining hands with the rest of Americans, without impinging on the freedom of others, must strive to make America a greater nation that it is now. The free Muslims of America know that America and American freedom must be protected and preserved at any cost if Muslims want to practice Islam as each Muslim understands it, not as authoritarians such as monarchs or religious bigots choose to enforce it. Finally, I thank Allah (sw) for creating America where my faith rules my heart and liberal democracy rules my “meat and blood” without anyone forcing me to conform my Islamic practices to anyone else’s Islam or vice versa. May God Bless America and help us make it better and freer nation.”
A FEW GELLER QUOTES
— Geller said ”Devout Muslims should be prohibited from military service. Would Patton have recruited Nazis into his army?”
— Geller said Al-Qaeda is a manifestation of devout Islam ... It is Islam. And by refusing to name the enemy, Obama has perpetrated yet another devastating attack on American security.
— Geller said “We are witnessing an Islamized America. This is well beyond political correctness. We are enforcing Shariah. We will not insult Islam. That is Shariah. We self censor. That is Shariah. We disrespect ourselves, our nation, so that we might respect Islam. This is dhimmitude.”
— In response to an article equating Islamophobia with anti-Semitism Geller said it was selling of Shariah as similar to Jewish law is a lowlife lie. It ignores the fact that there is no coercion in Jewish law, while Islamic law is full of compulsion and brutality.
— She also said that Gen. Petraeus was pushing the “jihadist rhetoric of Islamic anti-semitism”.
— She called Obama “President Jihad” and said about him “America has no clue what she is dealing with. The President of the United States is advancing jihad against the oath of office that he took. If he is agitating Muslims against Jews, will he declare war on Israel?”
— Regarding Cordoba House, the proposed mosque in NYC she said “What could be more insulting and humiliating than a monster mosque in the shadow of the World Trade Center buildings that were brought down by an Islamic jihad attack? ... Any decent, American, Muslim or otherwise, wouldn’t dream of such an insult. It’s a stab in eye of America.” (see also Geller, Spencer, & the Cordoba House: Fear and Loathing in New York) She said that it was “insensitive” for Muslims to ignore the feelings of 9/11 families who did not want the mosque. Geller is planning a big anti-mosque protest on the 10th anniversary of 9/11 and Alexander Meleagrou-Hitchens notes that “Pamela Geller, the executive director of Stop Islamization of America (SIOA), has said she will ignore the pleas of a number 9/11 families to cancel a proposed protest against the Park51 Islamic centre on the anniversary of the World Trade Centre attacks.”
— She wrote an article promoting the idea of banning Islam in which she said I would like to feel all warm and fuzzy and embrace the moderate Muslim/ meme but they show no evidence of their existence - not in any real number anyway. The only voices of reason in the Muslim world are lapsed Muslims or apostates. Many of Pipes’ “moderates” speak out of both sides of their mouths and if perhaps we could point to one rally, one incident, one moment when we saw Muslims in any number come out and protest against terror, jihadi violence - perhaps then we might believe in Muslim miracles. Why hasn’t there been one, ONE, Muslim rally denouncing the attacks of 9/11? We can pretend or we can strategize on how to defeat our mortal enemy.”
— She said ”Muslims have no right to invoke Moses and Abraham. This is a delegitimization of Judaism. It is offensive and vile. And while Jesus is not my guy, the same thing goes for him. It is a delegitimization of Christianity. These are not Muslim prophets.”
— Geller claims that the death camps in which thousands of Bosnian Muslims were rounded up and murdered, were fake, that they were hoaxes created by the “Western liberal media.” She also called this genocide a manufactured “genocide” of a couple of hundred people. As many have noted, this sounds much like holocaust denial, and is just as reprehensible.
— Pamela Geller has called for the destruction of the Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem. She said “The dome has got to go. It is sitting atop the great Jewish temple. The dome has got to go. It’s time to push back and stop indulging evil. Evil is made possible by the sanction you give it. Withdraw your sanction.” (paraphrasing Ayn Rand).
— Geller has made the bizarre claim that The enemy has infiltrated every department, every division of the federal government and the Obama administration, including the White House. The State Department, essentially being run by Islamic supremacists, has issued a travel alert to American citizens traveling to Europe, to “exercise vigilance and caution in traveling.”
— Geller said ” “Obama is a third worlder and a coward. He will do nothing but beat up on our friends to appease his Islamic overlords.”
— Geller said that “Hitler was inspired by Islam”
— Geller published an article with the headline “Islam is a mental illness”.
— Geller has said “Now I also believe that a true translation, an accurate translation of the Koran, is really not available in English, according to many of the Islamic scholars that I’ve spoken to. That’s deeply troubling. And I don’t think that many westernized Muslims know when they pray five times a day that they’re cursing Christians and Jews five times a day. I don’t think they know that.” No, we don’t know that because it isn’t true except in fevered Islamophobic brains.
— Geller said that “Nazis adopted the Muslim idea of Jihad – total destruction and complete annihilation in the spirit of a Holy War.”
— Pam Geller said that Park51 Is ‘The Second Wave Of The 9/11 Attack’
— Geller said “Hussein [meaning President Obama] is a muhammadan. He’s not insane … he wants jihad to win.” AtlasShrugs.com, April 11, 2010
— She said “Mubarak has been a US ally for decades. We send three billion dollars a year to Egypt. And Egypt made a peace deal with Israel. But knowing Obama, he will throw another ally under the bus.” She called the overthrow of Mubarak “Obama’s Dhimmi Carter Moment”, and said “Whatever comes after Mubarak will be terrible. Make no mistake.”
— Geller said How dare they use the word “extremists”? That is islamophobic! These are devout Muslims. There are no moderates. There are no extremists. Only Muslims.
— Geller said ”Islam is not a race. This is an ideology. This is an extreme ideology, the most radical and extreme ideology on the face of the earth.” On Fox Business’ “Follow the Money,” March 10, 2011
— Geller said I do believe that if you’re a follower of traditional Islam, of pure Islam, then you support jihad. ... I understand that people say, you know, “don’t broad brush all.” I don’t. But by the same token, forgive me for not patting every single person on the back who doesn’t take up—doesn’t strap one on. I don’t think it’s necessary to do that. I expect people not to kill other people. I expect a certain modicum of humanity. Yes, and respect for the Golden Rule. Even though there’s no Golden Rule in Islam, I do believe that do unto others is a basic human—irrespective of religion—a basic tenet of humanity, okay. I don’t believe in patting people on the back for not killing me.
— Geller said “Good Muslims lie to advance Islam, It’s the law. ... Atlas readers often hear me refer to taqiya - lies to advance Islam.”
A CHRONOLOGY OF ESCALATING ISLAMOPHOBIA & HATRED
It would be impossible to list all of the issues Geller has been involved with, or all of the anti-Muslim claims she has made, but this is a pretty representative sampling.
8/05 to 2011 Geller wrote often about Debbie Almontaser, the teacher who founded the Khalil Gibran International Academy in Brooklyn — Ms. Geller called Arabic-language instruction “a front for Islamist indoctrination”. She joined Stop the Madrassa, an organization formed to fight the school, which later thanked her for speeding Ms. Almontaser’s ouster. A TAM article collection about this incident here This, like her objection to the Park51 community center is an ongoing obsession with Geller.
1/07 Geller, of course had much to say about Rep. Keith Ellison using a Qur’an (Thomas Jefferson’s Qur’an) for the photo op after his swearing in as a congressman. She said Sorry dhimmis it wasn’t Jefferson’s prayer book. Jefferson had a copy of the Quran so that he might understand the enemy. WAR GAMES. Jefferson, in defense of America, was studying the enemy’s war plan, their “Art of War.”
1/07 Geller was not pleased about a Canadian television series “Little Mosque on the Prairie”. She called the program “state funded dhimmitude” and asked her Canadian readers to write and complain to their MP’s.
6/08 Not only crescents, but also scarves are on Geller’s radar as possible advance signs of “creeping sharia”. An innocuous photo of Rachel Ray standing in front of a tree with pink blossoms, holding a cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee and wearing a paisley scarf with a fringe around the edges was recently turned into an incident in the war on terror. The scarf might look a little like a keffiyah (a typical Arab scarf) although I am not certain which tribe is recognized by their wearing of a paisley keffiyah. This is the incident I called The Subversive “Arab”, “Islamic” Doughnut Ad.
10/08 Geller fell for a fake story about a Michelle Obama interview, and posted and then removed the post from her site. Media Monitors reported that she also “ran with a fake Obama quote from fabricated Columbia thesis. After an August 25 post on the blog Jumping in Pools claimed that Obama attacked the Constitution and Founders in his Columbia thesis, right-wing media ran with the “report,” despite the fact that it was tagged as “satire.” In an October 23 post, Geller wrote, “Excerpts from Obama’s Columbia Thesis reveals America’s worst nightmare is in the Oval Office.” She added that the writings revealed “an America hater.” This problem of disappearing articles is something she shares with her colleague Robert Spencer.
1/10 Justin Elliott reports that at CPAC 2010, a film called “The Ground Zero Mosque: The Second Wave of the 9/11 Attacks,” produced by Pamela Geller will be shown. There’s no trailer for the film, but Geller has described it this way: “This is the first documentary that tells the whole truth about the Ground Zero mosque. Be prepared to be shaken to your core. This movie rips the mask off the enemedia and the malevolent role they play in advancing and propagandizing the objectives of America’s mortal enemies. ... The press has tried to shape the narrative to demonize the freedom lovers and denazify the Islamic supremacists, but the American people no longer trust big media.”
4/10 On the Huttaree arrests,Geller may have written the most insane of the posts attempting to deflect attention on such groups. Her article had the title Despite Record Levels of Islamic Terror in U.S., FBI raids Christian Groups, and she referred to the arrests as “In a word, nuts”.
5/10 Geller to speak at Tennessee Tea Party on the “Threat of Islam”. The title says it all, not the threat of extremists or jihadists, but of Islam.
5/10 Geller and Robert Spencer organized a protest against the building of the Cordoba House Islamic community center in NYC. The numbers given out for how many attended this protest were so wide ranging as to be suspicious - somewhere between 600 and 1 million people showed up for this hate fest.
5/10 After the capture of Ratko Mladic, Geller posted articles downplaying and questioning Serbian war crimes, and attempting to rally support for Mladic. This is a man who is considered a war criminal who was involved in a genocide against Bosnian Muslims.
5/10 Geller posted an article on her site by Robert Spencer on the Muslim plot to kill the Pope that never happened.
5/10 Geller and Spencer both posted a video of a young Indian girl who advocated “wiping Pakistan off the map”. As it turns out this was the product of an extremist and very violent Hindu group, the Vishaw Hindu Parishad (VHP). The VHP is anti-Muslim, and anti-Christian. Loonwatch has much more on this here
6/10 Geller posted “I believe I’m fighting for Muslims here, I have no problem with Muslims.” and one day later she posted “The Muslims are finishing the work of the Mufti al-Husseini, Hitlers ally and mass slaughterer of Jews during the the holocaust. Sixty years later, it’s the Muslims who are dragging the rest of the world with them, in their genocidal dreams of annihilating goodness, creativity, production, inventiveness, benevolence, charity, medicine, technology, and all of the gifts of the Jews. Our goodness makes them ill.” Geller’s particular ideas about what constitutes “goodness” are more than a little confused. She is an example of a small group of rabid Zionists within the Jewish community for which “Ahavah shel achvah” or Brotherly Love is difficult to attain. She is in such a statement defaming the memory of all of those Muslims Who Fought Against the ‘Real’ Fascists who overwhelmingly outnumbered the few criminals like the Mufti and his followers.
7/10 Media Matters notes that Geller falsely claimed Obama “Backed Release of Jihadi Lockerbie Mass Murderer,” calls for “charge of treason.” Geller wrote “Back in September 2009, when the jihadi mass murderer, Abdel Baset al-Megrahi, was released when he should have been executed, I called for Obama’s impeachment, knowing full well that the Obama administration had to have known, had to have signed off on it, had to have approved it. At the time, the Obama spin was that Megrahi’s release blindsided Washington, and that it was appalled by the decision.” Geller called this a “LIE. This is another terrible betrayal and crime against the American people by the Post-American president.” Geller wrote: “Today, the Australian reported that the Obama administration secretly advised Scottish ministers that it would be ‘far preferable’ to free the Lockerbie bomber than to jail him in Libya. More of Obama’s transparency. ... He knew. He knew. He didn’t stop it. This would never happen under Bush.” The post’s title asks readers to “Demand [a] special investigation, file charge of treason.” In fact, the administration advised Scotland not to release Megrahi.
7/10 Geller posted doctored pictures of Elena Kagan, the Supreme Court justice, in a Nazi helmet. Geller also dramatically distorted the facts about Elena Kagan’s Princeton thesis and printed a doctored photo of Kagan in a Nazi uniform in one particularly hateful recent article, and called Kagan “Sharia Compliant” in another hateful article which falsely claimed Kagan had brought Sharia to Harvard. Kagan, by the way, is Jewish. Geller has also accused Obama of speaking “like an ... anti-Semitic Muslim terrorist” and claimed that he “wants Jihad to win”
8/10 Geller posted this graphic and a story from the NY Post on the Nuclear Security Summit Logo as Media Matters notes the day after the story of this being an “Islamic” logo was debunked. Geller sees Islamic crescents everywhere. She also saw this “connection” in the Memorial for Flight 93 in Pennsylvania. And, she has called CNN the “Crescent News Network”, and called the Missile Defense logo “cultural jihad”
8/10 Geller falsely claimed that Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf had made a comment “Blaming Jews” for 9/11. Making up things that never happened, and then not correcting the posts when made aware of the truth is a pattern.
8/10 “Jihad: The Political Third Rail” is an anti-Muslim event created by Atlas Shrugs’ Pam Geller and Jihad Watch’s Robert Spencer for presentation at the CPAC Convention. The new organization she and Spencer founded for which this presentation was the “inaugural event” is called the American Freedom Defense Initiative AFDI.
9/10 Jewish Week reports that “Her blog “Atlas Shrugs” has referred to Democrats as “National Socialists,” has sided with Slobodan Milosevic, the late Serbian president charged with war crimes, and has claimed that Elena Kagan, the country’s newest Supreme Court justice and a Jew, admired “an architect” of Nazism. She has also likened President Barack Obama’s opposition to settlement growth on the West Bank to preparations for the Holocaust and has provided space to one writer’s view that Obama is Malcolm X’s love child.” ... In Geller’s eyes, Judea and Samaria [the West Bank] are Jewish land; there are no settlers, only Jews living in the Jewish homeland; and the area’s Muslims should return the Temple Mount to Jewish hands.
10/10 Geller having attempted to save us from the “creeping Sharia” of crescents and scarves, then moved on to saving us from Islamic soup, and pushed a boycott of Campbell’s Soup for offering halal soups for Muslim customers — just as they have done with kosher soup for Jewish customers. Although Geller sees any accomodation to halal foods as dangerous “creeping sharia” and part of a “stealth Jihad”, the U.S. Government has been shipping both halal and kosher meals to soldiers since 1996.
10/10 Jeffrey Goldberg notes some of Geller’s claims about Islam “In a recent New York Times interview, the blogger Pamela Geller leveled many serious charges against Islam; she stated that Muslims curse Jews and Christians during their five-times-a-day prayer; that the only good Muslim is a secular Muslim; and most perniciously, she said that the Qur’an has never been properly translated, insinuating that it contains dark secrets about Muslims and their religious responsibilities. This last bit struck me as outrageous, because, as a Jew, Geller should know that anti-Semites have spent nearly two thousand years insinuating that the Talmud contains secret instructions guiding the alleged Jewish attempt to dominate the world. To make the same unsupported charge against Islam is egregious.” He interviews a scholar, Reuel Gerecht as to the veracity of these statements.
2010 to 2011 In her rabid opposition to the Cordoba House, she and Robert Spencer in a jointly written article The 9/11 Mosque’s Peace Charade they continue to vent their anti-Muslim hatred. Geller also penned a “heartfelt appeal” to Imam Feisal and Daisy Khan. In this Islamophobic screed disguised as a courteous appeal her genuine attitudes toward Islam and Muslims show throughout. They have been at the center of the debate about this project. This appeal included the lie that Moderate Muslims have not spoken out against terrorism. This again shows the deep seated hatred towards Muslims that is regularly expressed by Spencer and Geller. Muslims have clearly and regularly denounced terrorism generally, and denounced specific instances of terrorism, including 9/11. Their voices are simply drowned out by those who see Islam as a monolith and Muslims as something like the Borg, not individual human beings. Anyone who claims some knowledge about Islam and about the Muslim community in America is being deceptive if they refuse to acknowledge this, or if they attempt to simply dismiss all such clear statements as “taqqiyah” (lying or deception). In this article Geller/Spencer don’t use the word taqiyyah as they do in many of their other articles but refer instead to Imam Rauf as “patently dishonest” in his public statements. We have discussed this Taqiyyah libel against Muslims at length here in an article that includes information about Jewish, Christian, and Muslim legal and theological discussions about lying. The 9/11 attack was a criminal act of “HIRABA” not jihad. The only Muslims who consider such attacks on civilians as a legitimate part of jihad are extremists. Geller at least seems to agree with Osama bin Laden. In her “heartfelt appeal” Geller calls al qaeda - “the military arm of Islam”. Al Qaeda is an extremist, political, terrorist organization that defies Islam. To claim that Al Qaeda is a legitimate component of the religion of Islam is an insult to all Muslims.
1/11 The HOPE NOT HATE blog reports The Kevin Carroll ‘shooting’ incident in England was not quite what it seems, but the truth doesn’t seem to concern that arch-Islamophobe Pam Geller who has not only parrotted the EDL line but taken it a stage further. Even after Bedfordshire police concluded that no shots had actually be fired, were unsure of the ethnicity of the assailant and even questioned whether there had been a gun in the first place, Geller blogged with the headline: Muslim in Full Islamic Garb Attempts to Shoot and Kill EDL leader. Max Blumenthal has an extensive post on Geller and far right groups like the EDL.
1/11 Tim Murphy reports that New Jersey’s Republican Gov. Chris Christie, “floated by some conservatives as a possible 2012 candidate, has become the unlikely target of the anti-Sharia fringe after appointing Sohail Mohammed, a known Muslim, to the state superior court. Right-wing blogger Pamela Geller summed things up nicely: “Governor Christie looked and sounded like he could be presidential. He’s not. He’s in bed with the enemy. All the other stuff doesn’t matter if you don’t have your freedom.”
2/11/11 Geller held an unofficial panel at CPAC to preview her new movie, “The Ground Zero Mosque: The Second Wave of the 911 Attacks.”
2/11/11 Geller is not pleased at all by the pro democracy revolution in Egypt, and in an interview with Andy Kroll of Mother Jones went so far as to say regarding Mubarak that she was “thoroughly embarrassed and disgusted” that the US “would abandon an ally.”
2/12/11 Geller and Zuhdi Jasser have had a falling out
2/14/11 Regarding proposed Arabic language classes (as well as classes in Chinese and many other languages) at a school in Texas, Geller said: “Arabic is not a language like French or Spanish, it is the language of Islam. What you have to understand is that the spearhead of the ideologically project of Islamic religious imperialism is spread through Arabic.” ... When asked by a fellow guest if she meant that “Arabic is not a language”. Geller responds It is a language, but it is more than a language. It is the spearhead of an ideological project that is deeply opposed to the United States of America.” And, a little later in the program she repeats: “You need to understand that the language of Islam is used as a spearhead to advance the ideology of Islam.”
3/25/11 Geller promoted a protest of a Muslim community fundraiser in Orange County, California which resulted in what can only be called a hate-fest and which was fortunately caught on video.
3/11 Justin Elliott reports that “Conservative activist James O’Keefe today released a sting video showing an NPR fundraising official saying impolitic things to a couple of (fake) potential Muslim donors. A key part of the sting was the creation of a hoax website for the fake group the donors represented, the Muslim Education Action Center (MEAC).” On her site Geller referred to passages on the fake MEAC site as if they were real, and after the hoax was exposed, she claimed that she knew it all along and was part of the sting. Here’s what Geller originally wrote about MEAC, offering a “hat tip [to] Western feminista” for pointing out the site: “I’d rather blow up the world than live as a slave. As for [MEAC chairman] Bin Talal, we have to stop financing our executioners. Enough dollars for jihad. We need to throw the left-enemy out of power and start drilling and mining our own resources. We must throw off the shackles that the enemy within has enslaved us with.”
4/11 In a blog titled, Nigeria: Muslim Hordes Mass Slaughter Christians Geller posted a gruesome picture as evidence of Muslim violence against Christians in Nigeria. It turns out however that the picture is not evidence of some “Muslim rampage” in Nigeria! The charred bodies are a tragic result of a tanker explosion in the Congo!
4/11 Geller attacked David Ramadan, a Congression candidate in Virginia as an “Islamic Supremacist” on no grounds other than his support for the Park51 project in NYC.
4/29/11 Geller posted an article calling Obama a “bastard” and questioned the authenticity of his long form birth certificate.
5/11 After the publication of Pres. Obama’s long form birth certificate, Geller published a disgusting article titled An illegitimate child, an illegitimate president which included this That would make the president illegitimate. In 1787, illegitimate children had different rights. There is no way the founders of this great nation intended for an illegitimate child of a foreign bigamist to attain the highest, most powerful position in the new land. All this means that President Barack Hussein Obama is not natural born. His father was not a U.S. citizen; he is, by that very fact, disqualified to serve as president of the United States. Those who believe that the “natural born” requirement is no longer relevant in our modern age are wrong. The Founding Fathers added this to the requirements for someone serving as president to make it difficult for a spy or traitor to attain the highest office in the land. Clearly, from Obama’s performance, this is a considerable cause for concern. This is sick on many levels. Does Geller truly believe that children are to be punished for perceived sins of their parents? Does Geller not know that 7 President’s of the U.S. had a parent that was not born in the U.S. Thomas Jefferson and Herbert Hoover’s mothers were from Britain. Andrew Jackson’s parents were from Northern Ireland. James Buchanan and Chester Arthur’s fathers were from Ireland. Woodrow Wilson’s mother was from Scotland. Were any President’s of the U.S. born out of wedlock? Not that we know of, but who knows what DNA test would prove about the ancestry of any of us. Andrew Jackson was accused of bigamy, Thomas Jefferson had lots of illegitimate children, and Grover Cleveland and Warren Harding were accused of having illegitimate children.
5/21/11 On her Atlas Shrugs site, Geller posted the video of a debate between Christina Abraham, Frank Gaffney and Robert Spencer, and her comments included this gem: “Today’s CAIR spokersperson [sic] was a doozy. Going by the name “Christina Abraham” (got that? looks like she’s got the Christians and the Jews covered with that name), an uncovered Western-looking woman unleashed her fury on Robert. Apparently she is a devout Muslim, because in undercover footage of her urging Muslims not to co-coperate [sic] with law enforcement, she is in full Muslim garb. Muhammad said, “war is deceit.” Indeed.” A classic textbook case of an ad hominem attack having nothing to do with the issue.
5/11 Geller reported that the military countermanded an order from Obama to abort the mission to kill Osama bin Laden. She had, in effect, accused unspecified members of the military of treason. Here also.
5/11 Geller joined in the Islamophobic nonsense over Huma Abedin & Anthony Weiner’s marriage as some sort of Muslim plot, marriage jihad. Spencer’s partner Pamela Geller adds her own sick twist suggesting that the marriage of Abedin and Weiner is a sham to cover a “relationship” between Hillary Clinton and Abedin, and further that Abedin is some kind of Muslim Brotherhood plant. Geller said I am not reporting it because it is a lesbian thang, I am concerned and distressed that a Muslim raised in Saudi Arabia whose father was an ‘Islamic scholar’ in Saudi Arabia would have such intimate access to a would be President.
6/11 When an American Muslim woman was named as Director of the Holocaust Center at Manhattan College, Geller published an article railing against the appointment in which she said This confounds all human decency. Islamic Jew-hatred is the leading cause of the worldwide record levels of anti-semitism. From Europe to the Middle East to Latin America and now America. And nothing is being said or being done to address the religious mandate of Islamic Antisemitism (Khaybar, Khaybar, ya yahud!) Or retribution for the Muslim world’s evil role in the Holocaust. The Jews are allowing this to happen again. It doesn’t matter who this Muslima is. What matters is the message. The first holocaust didn’t happen overnight either. Israel suffers from these subversives, too. It’s a drip, drip, drip, and then the unthinkable. Where are our warriors in the information battle space? This is war. Six million dead Jews are weeping and screaming from their graves. And the Islamic supremacists are howling and rubbing their hooves together in anticipation. Such stupidity is without equal. Yes, such stupidity and hateful bigotry on the part of Geller is beyond equal. All Muslims are responsible for the evil that any Muslim has ever done, and all Muslims should be completely shunned from civilized society.
6/11 Geller posted an article Obama’s America: One Policy for Jews, Another for Illegal Immigrants which opens with: “The Obama regime sanctions illegal immigration, going so far as to waive immigration law for certain illegal aliens (quasi-amnesty), but Jews? Get on the trains. Hard not to hate this guy. This is typical of the tactic of attempting to incite her readers to hatred. If any of her readers actually clicked on the link provided in her introduction, they would find that The new rules were quietly announced Friday with a new memo from top officials at the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency. The “prosecutorial discretion” memo says officials need not enforce immigration laws if illegal immigrants are enrolled in an education center or if their relatives have volunteered for the US military. This means that only two categories of people are being given any special treatment - those who are enrolled in an education center or those whose relatives have volunteered for the US military.
6/13/11 Geller called a crazy Saudi woman who spit on someone a case of “spit jihad” and an example of “Islamic supremacism”. She saw the arrest of some Muslim men in Britain on child pornagraphy charges as an example of “Islams war on women”.
7/30/11 Geller said about the infamous Fjordman mentioned most often by Breivik “The preeminent essayist, historian, and one of the leading lights of the counter jihad movement, Fjordman, has released his first book. Europe’s most reliable witness and modern historian has completed a compedium of analysis and data of the islamization of Europe.”
8/4/11 Pamela Geller just can’t let a day pass without saying something hateful. The Flight 93 Memorial will open to the public on the tenth anniversary of 9/11. There were claims made by Geller and others that this was somehow an “Islamic Crescent” from the time the design was made public. All of her claims were soundly debunked long ago. Nevertheless, now that the memorial is set to open, she continues the same tired debate, calling the memorial a “Islamic crescent of betrayal”. See my article Flight 93 Memorial is Proof of What?
8/11/11 Pamela Geller has said that she “loves Muslims”. Actually she has repeated this statement more than once, “I am not anti-Muslim. I love Muslims. I am pro-freedom and anti-islamic supremacism.” And As David Neiwert noted But really, does Pam Geller “love” Muslims? I suppose—in the same way a dog loves a rag doll he’s chewed to shreds, or a sadist adores the whipping boy chained up down in his dungeon. Pamela Geller, and other Islamophobes this week posted articles objecting to a newspaper page for children with games and information about Ramadan. Geller called this “proselytizing Islam to children” and “jihad” and “toxic propoganda”. Her hatred is so extreme that it even extends to American Muslim children.
8/11 Spencer and Geller cross-posted a false attack on Philip Geraldi and when Scott Horton posted a comment on their sites giving them the correct information, they simply deleted his comments
8/12/11 The White House Iftar has once again provoked the Islamophobic lunatic fringe to frenzy. Pamela Geller posted her usual hateful ramblings saying Obama hosted a huge black-tie affair last night (his third) for Iftar. Imagine this, fresh on the heels of the jihadi attack last Friday resulting in the biggest single loss of life for America since the 911 war began. So man [sic] Americans ambushed and killed at the hands of the devout in the war against jihad. Ghoulish. Her friend Spencer and other Islamophobes had lot’s more to say about this, all of it wrong and bigoted.
8/27/11 As soon as the Center for American Progress (CAP) Fear, Inc. report on the Islamophobia industry in the U.S. was released. Geller, and her associates attacked it viciously. I called their response to the report Sound and Fury Signifying Nothing. In that article, I discuss in depth Geller, Pipes, Horowitz, Spencer, et al’s responses to the Fear, Inc. report. Each of their primary claims are dealt with including their claim that they don’t say anything false, that no one can find any “gotcha quotes, no broadbrush demonization of all Muslims, nothing against Muslims in the aggregate, nothing against Muslims qua Muslims”, and that there is “no such thing as Islamohobia?”, that they have never incited to violence, that the report and its’ authors are anti-Semitic, and attempting to silence free speech.
8/27/11 Loonwatch notes in the article Pamela Geller Ready to Start Holy War Over Mistranslated Bumper Sticker which is another case of Geller absolutely misrepresenting facts to demonize Muslims.
8/11 Spencer and Geller’s SIOA released what they say is the first list of individuals that they consider a “threat to freedom”.
9/4/11 The Turkish Government expelled the Israeli Ambassador, downgraded diplomatic relations to the lowest level possible while still maintaining relations, and said that it may take legal action against Israeli soldiers responsible for the deaths on the Mavi Marmara last year. Geller immediately posted an hysterical article which included the now infamous, and thoroughly debunked photo of a Yemeni passenger on the Mavi Marmara holding a dagger, with this caption “Religion of Peacenik on board the Turkish jihad warship flotilla preparing to stab an Israel soldier, May 31, 2010.” This is not the first time she has posted the photo, but with different captions. Back in June, for example, she posted the same photo with the caption “Religion of Peacenik on board the Gaza flotilla holding a knife after Israel Navy commandos boarded their ship on May 31, 2010.” Read my article here for all of the debunking of this propoganda.
9/13/11 Geller has just posted an appeal to her readers to attempt to stop what she calls an “anti-Semitic”, “jew-hating” ad that is “racist” and “Judeophobic” that is being placed on New York City public transit by Two Peoples One Future and to donate to support what she calls her “pro-Israel” bus ads. I believe that any rational person who wants to see peace rather than war as the future of humanity, and who believes that it is possible for us to learn to live together in peace can look at the two ads in question and see clearly which ad exemplifies the possibility of a peaceful solution to this particular issue, and which exemplifies hatred and bigotry.
10/3/11 Geller, along with many of her cohorts has once again promoted a false story. This fake story about Barack Obama appearing at a “rally for the New Black Panther Party” — which was actually a celebration of the 1965 Voting Rights March in Selma, Alabama. This was not a New Black Panther Party event — it was a commemoration of Selma’s “Bloody Sunday,” attended by many other politicians and at least 10,000 people.
10/19/11 As Loonwatch reports “THE 99 is an animated series featuring superheroes inspired by Islamic culture and society. The series was scheduled to launch in the US last week on the The Hub children’s television network, but producers have since announced the broadcast will be postponed indefinitely. Vicious anti-Muslim bigots everywhere are gleeful, boasting that their small but boisterous outcry may have prompted the delay. ... Pamela Geller, told CNN that THE 99 is unacceptable because Islam must be portrayed as misogynistic, violent, and oppressive to non-Muslims, and that there must be an emphasis placed on Islam’s bloody, violent history. She said anything else is just “dawah proselytizing.” ... Dr. Naif Al-Mutawa, the Kuwaiti-born, U.S.-educated psychologist who created THE 99, said he never expected to face his fiercest opposition to the series in the US, a country that prides itself on diversity and tolerance. The whole point of THE 99 was to bridge the gap between Islam and the West by promoting universal values and encouraging tolerance, cooperation, and mutual understanding. Al-Mutawa said he wants to provide positive role models to all children: “I told the writers of the animation that only when Jewish kids think that THE 99 characters are Jewish, and Christian kids think they’re Christian, and Muslim kids think they are Muslim, and Hindu kids think they’re Hindu, that I will consider my vision as having been fully executed.” ... Geller is not appeased, and continues to describe the series as an onslaught of cultural jihad aimed at radicalizing American children. She says the true superheroes are “counter-jihadists” like Ibn Warraq, Nonie Darwish, and Ayaan Hirsi Ali, all of whom are in fact rabid anti-Muslim loons. She has also launched a crude online parody called THE 19, which features Spencerman and Gellerwoman as superheroes presumably fighting Muslim evildoers.”
10/29/11 When the Metropolitan Museum of Art announced that they would have an exhibit of Islamic art, Geller, who is fond of saying that she has nothing against Muslims, and in fact “loves Muslims”, and only has a problem with political Islam, expressed her love in an article claiming that such an exhibit was a whitewashing of Islam. She said The artifacts featured in this exhibit are stolen. Period. Stolen from the cultures conquered and Islamized, and the lands appropriated by the Muslims. The Met is passing off this stolen intellectual property as Islamic. It isn’t.
10/31/11 Geller wrote an article claiming that there have been 270 million “victims of Islam”. When she was called on the carpet about where this insane claim came from and the errors were pointed out on Little Green Footballs, Geller responded with One of the LGF lemmings has written a post claiming that my reference to 270 million victims of jihad is inaccurate. And it’s true: there may have been even more. The actual number of victims of jihad is impossible to evaluate. Islam’s jihad has raged over 13 centuries and three continents, and the killers did not keep records. The 270 million estimate was based on data that, as has been shown, included some victims of other evils.
However, given the sketchiness of the data, it is not at all established that there were actually fewer than 270 million victims of jihad. The actual number of victims of jihad may be even higher. What is not in doubt is that jihad kills. It has brought untold misery to the world. Basically, she is saying that the data is baseless, but that doesn’t matter. Why let the truth get in the way of a deeply held hatred towards Islam?
11/2/11 Geller wrote a sensationalist article titled Muslims Want Crosses Removed at Catholic University with the lede Islamic supremacism at non-Muslim religious universities, expect a Holder lawsuit. The source of her outrage this time was another incident of “Islamic supremacism” that never happened. John Banzhaf, a Law School professor at George Washington University is the one who filed this frivolous complaint, and as I wrote about the incident Charges Against Catholic University Were Not Made by Muslims and in fact Muslim students were opposed to Banzhaf’s making charges against the University.
11/3/11 When the Muslim American Society in Alexandria, Virginia announced plans for an Eid celebration for families of children with special needs, Geller was enraged. How dare they do something normal for kids in their community who sometimes miss out on special celebrations because they haven’t been planned with their needs in mind. So, in Geller’s sick mind this becomes a hateful example of a “Muslim Brotherhood front using special needs kids as human shields”. She said Is there anything more vile than exploiting children, or worse, special needs children, as a PR front for a subversive agenda whose stated goal is “eliminating and destroying the Western civilization from within and ‘sabotaging’ its miserable house by their hands ... so that ... God’s religion [Islam] is made victorious over all other religions”? The Muslim Brotherhood in Gaza, Hamas, uses human shields in its bloody war on Israel. The Muslim Brotherhood in America, MAS, uses human shields to conduct its stealth jihad in America. Cultural jihad. This is dawah, proselytizing, an evil agenda using special needs kids. Ugh.
11/5/11 After a long and very confusing saga over whether or not Geller would appear at the Florida Tea Party convention — Geller was invited to speak, CAIR objected, the Tea Party then invited CAIR to balance the discussion, Geller said she wouldn’t come if the CAIR speaker was allowed to speak, the CAIR speaker was disinvited, Geller then agreed to show up. According to Geller, CAIR’s objection to her speaking was an attack on free speech, but her refusal to speak unless they were disinvited was a victory for free speech. Got that? However, after all the ruckus, none of the major GOP candidates showed up.
11/5/11 This election cycle we have another anti-Muslim candidate about which I wrote in the article Gary Boisclair vs Keith Ellison, Another Congressional Campaign Based on Hatred of Muslims. Geller, of course, sees it differently. When You tube pulled Boisclair’s anti-Muslim ad, Geller called it “enforcing Sharia” and she said More sharia (Islamic law): this is enforcement of blasphemy laws, do not insult Islam. How much more of our freedom are we going to allow them to seize?
11/8/11 When President Obama extended greetings to the Muslims on Eid, Geller who “loves Muslims” was disgusted. She said President Obama extended best wishes for Eid al-Adha, the Muslim festival of sacrifice. Oh yes, Mr. President, the hajj is “one of the world’s largest and most diverse gatherings,” except for the banned and persecuted Chrsitians, Jews, Sikhs, HIndus and all non-Muslims forbidden from entering Mecca. Yes, in the eyes of one so cunning and brilliant as our Mr.O, that is indeed diversity. “Michelle and I extend our greetings for a happy Eid al-Adha to Muslims worldwide and congratulate those performing Hajj. Thousands of Muslim Americans are among those who have joined one of the world’s largest and most diverse gatherings in making the pilgrimage to Mecca and nearby sites. Read the rest of O’s Eid statement here. And frankly, the comparison to Judaism (and Christianity) is an affront. There is nothing at all similar in Islamic teachings to Jewish teachings. Poached stories is all.
11/9/11 Geller is upset that Muslims are concerned about The Call Prayer event to be held in Detroit this coming week. I discuss the concerns about the event in my article The Call 11-11-11 Prayer Gathering in Detroit: A Nightmare Not a Dream.
11/11/11 Think Progress reports that “Geller is upset that TLC’s All-American Muslim, a new reality show about a group of Muslim families in Dearborn, Michigan, doesn’t achieve what she thinks of as balance, by which she means including storylines where Muslims commit crimes based on their faith.” Geller said about the program
“Clearly this program is designed to counter the fictional threat of ‘Islamophobia’ by showing Muslims who aren’t terrorist monsters, but ordinary people living ordinary lives, balancing tradition and modern life, dealing with their families, their jobs, and a host of other issues. It is an attempt to manipulate Americans into ignoring the threat of jihad and to bully them into thinking that being concerned about the jihad threat would somehow victimize these nice people in this show. The problem is not people; it’s ideology. The show doesn’t address that.”
SIOA - STOP THE ISLAMIZATION OF AMERICA & AMERICAN FREEDOM DEFENSE INITIATIVE AFDI & ATLAS SHRUGS
Geller’s blog is called “Atlas Shrugs” referring to the title of Ayn Rand’s book. Geller says that Rand’s philosophy guides her work. The site has been online since at least 2003.
An announcement was made early in 2010 by Anders Gravers of SIOE that We have now formed a new board for SIOA. The new board of SIOA: Pamela Geller, Robert Spencer, Stephen Gash and Anders Gravers. The leaders of SIOA are Pamela Geller and Robert Spencer.
Geller and Robert Spencer also co-founded the American Freedom Defense Initiative in 2010.
The organization Spencer and Geller now lead and for which the NYC mosque protest was one of the first activities is called Stop the Islamization of America SIOA which many consider an anti-Muslim hate group. SIOA grew out of SIOE Stop the Islamization of Europe whose motto is, “Racism is the lowest form of human stupidity, but Islamophobia is the height of common sense.” SIOE has called for the total boycott of Muslim countries, and boycotts of any businesses who sell products to Muslim countries.
SIOA’s declared mission is to “educate Americans about the threat that Islamic doctrine and those who support it present to our freedoms, and the future of our democracy and country.” As Loonwatch points out “The declared mission gives us a scent of the absurdity that is SIOA, what else can “the threat of Islamic doctrine and those who support it” mean except “Muslims.” In other words the groups mission is to educate Americans about the “threat that Muslims present to freedom.”
Eli Clifton points out that The group, Stop Islamization of America (SIOA), stands out for its extensive ties to far-right bloggers in the US and Frank Gaffney’s Center for Security Policy. It also has links to the European Far Right and Nazi apologists. The choice of September 25 as the launch date is designed to coincide with “Jumah Prayer on Capitol Hill: A Day of Islamic Unity,” a gathering of Muslims on the National Mall.”
D.L. Adams, President of Stop Islamization of America (SIOA) said “Neither our Founding Fathers, nor Lao Tse, Confucius, Gautama Siddartha, Saint Paul, Jesus, Isaiah, Moses, nor Abraham would recognize Islam as a bona fide religion, but would instantly understand it as the massive intellectual fraud that it is. Our cowardly leaders, in both Church and State, who claim it doesn’t matter what people believe, are fools. It matters that Muslims believe non-Muslims are inferior human beings. It matters that Muslims believe women are inferior to men. It matters that Muslims believe obedience and worship are the same thing and that conformity is the same as morality. It matters that Islam requires territorial sovereignty. It matters that Muslims believe that leaving Islam is equivalent to high treason. It matters what Muslims believe just as it matters what communists believe and what neo-Nazis believe.’’
The SIOA and its’ European equivalent the SIOE planned a big rally in July, 2011 but the French and European authorities denied them a permit to hold the rally. Geller claimed that this was a sign of the “collapse of democracy in Europe” and wrote a vicious article attacking the government for “capitulation to Islamic supremacists and violent radical Leftists” for cancelling a rally planned by their “human rights organizations”. Loonwatch discusses this at length and provides actual facts.
In an article I recently wrote about the many incidents of scrubbing, cleaning up, or simply disappearing articles from Spencer and Geller’s sites, I noted on 8/6/2011 that Geller and Spencer’s Stop the Islamization of America (SIOA) website at http://sioaonline.com/ has now been completely scrubbed. If you go to the link, all the articles and everything is gone. There is nothing there except a main page with the name of the organization. According to Richard Bartholomew, access to cached versions has been blocked. This comes at the same time as the release of Geller’s new book of the same name as the organization (named a hate group by the SPLC). No longer just one article, or one paragraph from an article, but an entire website “disappeared”.
Most of Geller’s associates are listed in our TAM collection of articles A Who’s Who of the Anti-Muslim/Anti-Arab/Islamophobia Industry
Robert Spencer and Pamela Geller call themselves the “dynamic duo”, and work together regularly. They repost each ther’s articles. They defend each other when their bigotry is called out. For example, here is Spencer talking about Geller’s “work” …by claiming that Geller’s “target” was “all Muslims”, rather than Islamic supremacists who wish to destroy the freedom of speech, the freedom of conscience and the equality of rights of women – and particularly, by his vicious equation of her with al-Qaida, Johnson betrays a breathtaking disregard for the facts. Perhaps he hasn’t caught any of the numerous media appearances in which Geller explained that it was love for Muslims, but hatred of oppression (the Islamic death penalty for apostasy, the widespread tolerance for honour killing in the Islamic world) that led her to take the stands that she has.
Richard Silverstein notes about Gellers associates that ” I note the Times profile reveals that Geller’s personal attorney is David Yerushalmi, who incorporated the non-profit entity under which she and Robert Spencer produce their blogs. This in turn allows David Horowitz to plow funds into their enterprise that have been given on a tax-deductible basis. Yerushalmi is also representing her in a $10 million defamation lawsuit brought by the family of Rifqa Bary, a teenage girl torn from her Muslim-American family by Christian evangelicals who inveigled her into converting to Christianity and running away from their home while still a minor. Yerushalmi appears to be grasping Geller and Spencer’s coattails to become the “go to” lawyer for the radical anti-jihadi movement in this country. He’s the legal counsel for Frank Gaffney’s anti-Muslim Center for Security Policy and served in the same role for Stop the Madrassa, the group which got Debbie Almontaser fired as principal of the Khalil Gibran Academy.”
David Horowitz and his David Horowitz Freedom Center gave Pamela Geller their Annie Taylor Award for courage in 2010.
John Joseph Jay, one of the board members of AFDI said ”... every person in islam, from man to woman to child may be our executioner. in short, that there are no innocents in islam. in short, that there is no innocence in islam. that all of islam is at war with us, and that all of islam is/are [a] combatant[s.] ... islam has established without intellectual doubt that there are no innocent muslims, that the myth of the “moderate muslem” is precisely that, and that muslims are no more entitled to exemption or protection from retaliation that any of the other “non-innocent” combatants in the world. islam has no pretension to “innocence,” no more than the victims of islam. there is no innocence. there are no innocent muslims. islam is subject to killing on grounds of political expediency on the same basis as islam kills its victims, and islam cannot ethically and morally claim otherwise. “
Geller strongly supports Geert Wilders. When Abraham Foxman of the ADL spoke against Wilders, Geller said Abe Foxman, on the other hand, is a plague on our people. Foxman has come out repeatedly against one of the greatest friends of the Jews and Israel, my friend the Dutch Parliamentarian Geert Wilders. Foxman strongly condemned remarks Wilders made at a conference at which I also spoke (see here). At that conference, Wilders called Israel a “wonderful country,” and affirmed: “I love it, I do love Israel.”
Geller is listed as a “team member” of the disreputable group Muslims Against Sharia. This is very odd, since she is definitely not a Muslim or a former Muslim.
Geller and the English Defense League (EDL) have had a long relationship.
Geller’s associate Roberta Moore was not only the head of the “Jewish Division” of the EDL, but as Loonwatch reported she is the newly appointed head of the UK branch of the Jewish Defence League (JDL )
Geller has been associated with the English Defense League (EDL) (neo-Nazis).
Geller supported the EDL until June 30, 2011, when it appears she finally decided there was a problem and that there was too much anti-Semitism being displayed by the group. In her statement Geller said “the EDL has morphed and diverged from its original course. They now have clearly been infiltrated by the worst kind of influences, something that had successfully staved off for years, and they’re no longer staving it off. Roberta Moore, the leader of the Jewish Division, has broken with the EDL.” For anyone to be surprised to discover that a group fond of Nazi salutes and based on racism might also hate Jews, and not just Muslims, “foreigners” and dark-skinned people is ludicrous. It is also outright dishonest to claim that Geller’s friend Roberta Moore had broken with the EDL as in February of 2011, the Jewish Chronicle had published an article EDL dismisses Jewish arm as too extreme which noted that The leadership of the English Defence League has distanced itself from the group’s Jewish Division, because of its partnership with the far-right American group Jewish Task Force. The head of the EDL’s Jewish division, Roberta Moore, previously announced that the group was working with the JTF, whose leader Victor Vancier has been imprisoned for terrorism offences. This week the EDL’s leadership issued a statement saying that if the Jewish Division continued relations with the JTF, they would sever ties with her.
It said: “A member of the Jewish Division this week decided to link herself with terrorist organisation JTF. This was the decision and wishes of one single individual within the EDL, and does not mean that the EDL is linked with this movement. “If they [the Jewish EDL] continue with their plans to forge links with the terrorist JTF, the EDL will have no option but to sever its links with the Jewish division as we cannot support terrorist sympathisers.”
In October of 2010 she posted an article U.S. Rabbi Joins the EDL Rally in Support of Israel, Marred by Jew-Hating Muslims and Leftists which she opens with The English Defence League (EDL) has been meeting with Orthodox Rabbi Nachum Shifren this week ahead of today’s demonstration in support of Israel outside the Israeli embassy in London. This is part of the growing interaction between the EDL and the counter-jihad movement in the US that I enthusiastically support. ... Jew hating Muslims and leftists called for attacks and counter actions against the peaceful pro-Israel EDL rally. Apparently the Muslims and the leftists of the fascist UAF tried to silence the truth and keep the Rabbi from speaking .....to no avail.
In May of 2010 Geller wrote about the EDL The EDL is routinely smeared in the British media, as the Tea Party activists are smeared in the U.S. media. The corrupt, biased media defames any group, person, or organization standing against Islamic supremacism. They tar, feather and destroy the good name of good people who stand for life, liberty and individual rights. Libel and slander like “racist,” “fascist,” “bigot,” etc. color every news report of every counter-jihad action. The quisling media is the propaganda arm of jihad. It’s despicable. There is nothing racist, fascist or bigoted about the EDL.
In March of 2010 Geller promoted an EDL rally in London in defense of Geert Wilders. She said How I wish I could be there to stand with the English Defense League.
Robert Steinback of the SPLC notes that John Joseph Jay, a board member of SIOA and one of the founders of AFDI is himself among the anti-Muslim inner circle. Jay has said “every person in islam, from man to woman to child may be our executioner. … there are no innocents in islam. … there is no innocence in islam. all of islam is at war with us, and … all of islam is/are combatant[s.] … islam has established without intellectual doubt that there are no innocent muslims, that the myth of the ‘moderate muslim’ is precisely that, and that muslims are no more entitled to exemption or protection from retaliation that [sic] any of the other ‘non-innocent’ combatants in the world. … there are no innocent muslims. islam is subject to killing on grounds of political expediency on the same basis as islam kills its victims, and islam cannot ethically and morally claim otherwise.” and “in short, dear muslims, g_d in his infinite wisdom saw in advance this struggle between men and religions to win his favor, and the only thing that is foreordained, is that the strong and the resolute shall win his favor, and so far, it has been amply demonstrated that he has chosen the jews as his people, and favored christianity with science, technology, culture and military power. to islam, he has given the hind and dry tit, and the sewers and the deserts of the world in which to inhabit, and in which to fester.” ... Richard Bartholomew notes that Geller and Spencer are attempting to distance themselves from John Joseph Jay even more after the recent controversy which has followed a recent post on his blog in which he called for the killing of “talking head media”, of “every self avowed socialist and communist in congress”, and of “the faculty senates at harvard, yale, columbia, nyu and university of california at santa barbara”. Bartholomew notes that Geller and Spencer have known about Jay’s sanguinary views for some time: in 2008, Jay left a comment on Geller’s blog on the need for “old fashion war with wholesale slaughter including indiscriminate death of innocents and babes. down to the last muslim, if necessary.” In 2010, a statement about the need to kill liberals and Muslims came to general attention thanks to the Daily Kos - Spencer’s response was to claim that Jay had been misrepresented in some unspecified way by “Hamas-linked CAIR and dhimmi Leftist jihad-enablers”.
Geller and Anders Breivek’s relationship also bears close scrutiny.
After the terrible and tragic terrorist attack in Norway, there was a great deal of discussion about just how much influence Pamela Geller, Robert Spencer, and the rest of the Islamophobia industry had exerted on his worldview. See Terror Attack in Norway Linked to Right Wing Islamophobes. Geller was one of those who immediately speculated that this attack was probably carried out by a Muslim. In fact, she called it “Jihad in Norway”. Read the article for a full discussion about the tragedy. This incident and Geller and friends reaction is a good example of the sort of devious tactics they use.
After Breivik’s manifesto was studied, and direct quotes and references to Islamophobic writers were made known, these folks immediately began to attempt to distance themselves from any possible connections. See Islamophobia Can Be A Useful Term and Islamophobia does have consquences for a discussion of the statements attempting to disavow any responsibility, and of the attempt to portray this tragedy as an isolated incident.
Rather than soul searching or reflection on the dangers of hate speech, Geller seemed to become even more determined to attack Muslims and Islam. In a short period of time - she wrote of a non-existent NYC taxi drivers plot to impose Sharia on Americans - promoted the lie that all rapes in Norway are committed by Muslims - joined Glenn Beck in a shameless attack on the innocent children murdered at the youth camp in Norway - called a tragic accident in which a Muslim doctor had a heart attack and died, resulting in his car crashing into other vehicles “vehicular jihad” - called Christian, Jewish, and Muslim groups working in interfaith efforts to bring healing on the anniversary of September 11th an “Islamist/Leftist Goebbels-Style Propaganda Machine” - and was caught in the act of removing or altering yet another post which might be evidence of dishonesty. See the article Robert Spencer and Pamela Geller Attempt to Conceal Evidence of “Truth-Telling” for a list of these incidents.
Geller and Spencer also used the fact that they were being called for their association with such individuals to fundraise.
The Middle East Media Research Institute MEMRI recently published a report focusing on the lunatic Muslim fringe groups of Anjem Choudary. The report pointed out the extremism of Choudary and his cohorts (correctly) and then in conclusion also pointed out the fact of their marginality. Pamela Geller reposted this MEMRI report on her site with this introduction MEMRI does an excellent report on the sweeping global movement to Islamicize the world and compel all peoples to live under Islamic law—the sharia (the imperialistic goal of Islam). However, she did not reprint the entire report. She stopped after the section “Links to the global jihad movement”, and did not include the conclusion. This MEMRI report without that important information was then easily used as anti-Muslim propaganda. This devious behavior on the part of Geller is a consistent pattern. Note: Tam has discussed Choudary here. Geller often uses MEMRI “translations” from Arabic to English, and quotes them as authorities. TAM has an article about MEMRI and the “quality” of their translations here
OTHERS OUTSIDE OF THE MUSLIM COMMUNITY ARE BEGINNING TO REALIZE JUST HOW DANGEROUS SUCH HATE MONGERING IS.
The Southern Poverty Law Center published a report citing Geller for hate speech. The AFDI has been named a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center. The American Freedom Defense Initiative is the parent group of the SIOA
Pay Pal at least temporarily suspended Geller’s site Atlas Shrugs for being a hate site.
Spencer and Geller attempted to patent the SIOA trademark, but were refused by the U.S. patent office The government response, posted on the site, states, “The applied-for mark refers to Muslims in a disparaging manner because by definition it implies that conversion or conformity to Islam is something that needs to be stopped or caused to cease. “The proposed mark further disparages Muslims because, taking into account the nature of the services (‘providing information regarding understanding and preventing terrorism’), it implies that Islam is associated with violence and threats,” the government agency said. Again, Loonwatch has more here which include a number of hateful screen grabs from the SIOA facebook page. Geller says that I engaged David Yerushalmi and Robert Muise of the Thomas More Law Center to pursue this matter legally. Once again, these legal warriors did not hesitate to take the case pro-bono.
The Center for American Progress released a groundbreaking report Fear Inc.: The Roots of the Islamophobia Network in America. The key researchers for this report were Wajahat Ali, Eli Clifton, Matthew Duss, Lee Fang, Scott Keyes, and Faiz Shakir. The report itself is the result of a six month investigative project, and is 132 pages in length. Geller is cited as part of this network.
The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) notes in a backgrounder about the SIOA “Stop the Islamization of America (SIOA), created in 2009, promotes a conspiratorial anti-Muslim agenda under the guise of fighting radical Islam. The group seeks to rouse public fears by consistently vilifying the Islamic faith and asserting the existence of an Islamic conspiracy to destroy “American” values. The organization warns of the encroachment of shari’a, or Islamic law, and encourages Muslims to leave what it describes as the “falsity of Islam.”
Abraham H. Foxman of the ADL wrote an article The new shape of anti-Muslim hatred in which he calls out Robert Spencer and Pamela Geller (the co-founders of SIOA) by name as purveyors of this hatred.
The ADL has issued a press release (emphasis mine): Norwegian Terrorist Motivated By Growing Extremist Ideology In Europe And The U.S. which states
New York, NY, July 25, 2011 … The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) said the actions of a Norwegian terrorist whose views were apparently influenced, in part, by anti-Muslim voices in the U.S. are a reminder that hateful ideologies and lone-wolf terrorism remain a “serious and potent” threat.
“The attacks in Norway are a stark reminder of the broad range of violent terror threats faced around the world and in the United States,” said Abraham H. Foxman, ADL National Director. “These attacks underscore the serious and potent threat of violence posed by a variety of dangerous extremists from across the ideological spectrum. This includes the ‘lone-wolf’ extremists, who have access to extremist ideologies on the Internet from around the world.”
The suspect in the July 22 attacks, Andrew Behring Breivik, published a 1,500-page manifesto quoting from the writings of European and American anti-Muslim writers, including Robert Spencer and Pamela Geller, who promote a conspiratorial anti-Muslim agenda under the pretext of fighting radical Islam.
According to the ADL, Breivik’s views seem to be influenced by a coherent ideology present in growing numbers both in Europe and the United States, which views Islam as an existential threat to the world and sees leaders and governments as collaborators in allowing Islam to “infiltrate” the West.
“The suspected terrorist in the Norway bombing and shootings seems to have been motivated by anti-Islamic sentiments, but he did not attack Muslims. Rather, he reserved his extreme actions for those whom he thought were collaborating with Muslims and allowing them to take over Norway,” said Mr. Foxman. “Breivik was clearly influenced by an ideological movement both in the United States and Europe that is rousing public fear by consistently vilifying the Islamic faith. While the situation of Muslims in America—and how government and society deal with Muslim minorities and multicultural issues—is quite different and better in America, there are extremists here who think much like him and must be a matter of concern.”
The League has extensively reported on individuals who promote a conspiratorial anti-Muslim agenda in this country, including Spencer and Geller and their group, “Stop Islamization of America.”
According to ADL, Breivik’s focus on “left-wing” multiculturalists destroying white European culture in favor of minority cultures such as the Muslim community is common among the far-right and the groups that straddle the far-right and conservative worlds in the U.S. They blame the government, universities, and the media for promoting diversity and minority cultures over European or American culture and accuse them of undermining “Western civilization” or European-American values.
The League, which has strongly condemned the attacks in Norway and expressed deep sympathy for the Norwegian people, also warned against the rush to judgment that led some to blame Muslims for the attack before all of the facts were known to authorities.
“The rush to judgment that resulted in many initial accounts inaccurately blaming the attack on Islamic terrorists underscores the obligation to assess terrorist threats and acts without creating an atmosphere of blame and suspicion of the larger Muslim community,” said Mr. Foxman.
The Jewish Daily Forward reports that they received this comment by email from Abraham Foxman of the ADL: “Jews, Israelis and supporters of Israel must beware, must be careful, and cannot ignore or embrace those bigots who so much hate Muslims and Islam that they pretend to support Israel, Zionism and even Jews,’ Foxman said. “Likewise, those bigots and haters cannot immunize themselves by pretending to embrace Israel. We need to be very clear, as Jews and Israelis, that we separate ourselves from this kind of hatred, stereotyping and scapegoating. The Norway killer’s ramblings are a reminder that we must always be wary of those whose love for the Jewish people is born out of hatred of Muslims or Arabs.”
Abraham Foxman also posted an article Norwegian attacks stem from a new ideological hate on the Washington Post.
ATTEMPTING TO UNDERSTAND GELLER’S MOTIVATION
I can look at the words and actions of Pamela Geller and attempt to understand what would be the motivation for a wealthy, middle-aged, Jewish woman from New York to suddenly undertake a full-time career of Muslim and Islam bashing, engaging in a veritable religious war. I spent quite a bit of time reading articles on her site, and it seems that the only topic other than the threat of Islam and Muslims that receives a lot of mention is Israel and zionism. I can only conclude that somehow she thinks that demonizing Muslims will help Israel, or put another way anti-Muslim is pro-Israel. I am surprised that as a Jew she is not more aware of the terrible historical results that can come from such demonization, and how ultimately such demonization can hurt all minorities. Prejudice and bigotry are contagious.
This is a dangerous game (and there are no winners), as there is not one claim that can be made about one religious group that cannot be countered with equivalent examples about another religious group. Show me Muslim terrorists and I’ll show you many more non-Muslim terrorists. Show me an Imam saying or doing something despicable, and I’ll show you Rabbis and Christian clergy doing or saying something equally despicable. Mine the Qur’an for incendiary quotes out of context, and I can show you the same in the Bible and Torah. And, all of this does nothing about solving our very real shared problems as human beings at this point in history.
Geller is certainly not the only American Jew engaged in the demonization of Islam industry, but she is one of the most visible. Sadly, there appears to be a Jewish Islamophobia industry engaged in what Max Blumenthal calls a Great Islamophobic Crusade. In regard to the production of “Relentless”, “Obsession: Radical Islam’s War on the West” and “The Third Jihad” TAM published this article. Richard Silverstein has written about who benefits, and has discussed the anti-Muslim propaganda during the last election cycle here, and the money trail between these groups here. Also, sadly the fact that most of the claims that these folks make about Islam and Muslims are false does not change the fact that they do a lot of damage, and waste time that could be spent on working on solving problems instead of defending against such false claims.
As Rachel Tabachnick wrote in the Jewish Forward “In this single-minded zealotry, the struggle against Islam appears to be seen as a zero sum game - whatever is bad for Muslims, must be good for Jews. But what is the cost of this attack on multiculturalism? Is it possible that some Jewish leaders are hacking away at the very same foundations which have provided a peaceful existence for Jews in the U.S. and elsewhere over the last several decades? Is attacking multiculturalism really beneficial to Jews? “
I would hope that Ms. Geller would consider a number of articles discussing this point in depth.
— Islamophobia and anti-Semitism often go hand-in-hand, Jim Lobe.
— A recent Gallup Poll showed that bias against Jews and Muslims is linked, and concludes that the strongest predictor of prejudice against Muslims is whether a person holds similar feelings about Jews.
— Religion and violence: another look at Islamophobia and anti-Semitism, Hussein Ibish.
— A 2003 report from the Anti-Defamation League (ADL), The Talmud in Anti-Semitic Polemics, explains how this process of selectively quoting from and misrepresenting Jewish scripture is being used by anti-Jewish bigots in their campaigns of defamation in exactly the same way in which Islamophobes use the Quran and Hadith to slander and systematically misrepresent Islam and Muslims. The report opens with this telling passage: Recently there has been a renewal of attacks on Judaism and Jews through recycling of old accusations and distortions about the Talmud. Anti-Talmud tracts were originally developed in the Middle Ages as Christian polemics against Judaism, but today they emanate from a variety of Christian, Moslem and secular sources. Sometimes such “studies” have blatantly anti-Semitic tones; sometimes they are more subtle. Yet all of them remain as false and pernicious today as they did in the Middle Ages.
— an archive of Nazi anti-Semitic propaganda.
QUESTIONS FOR OUR ELECTED REPRESENTATIVES & GOVERNMENT AGENCIES WHO CONSIDER GELLER A REPUTABLE SOURCE OF INFORMATION ON ISLAM & MUSLIMS
It seems obvious that this is an individual who is blinded by hatred and who has a personal agenda.
There is a reason that the ADL has stated that Brigitte Gabriel’s Act for America, Pamela Geller & Robert Spencer’s Stop the Islamization of America (SIOA), David Yerushalmi’s Society of Americans for National Existence (SANE) are “groups that promote an extreme anti-Muslim agenda”. There is a reason that The Southern Poverty Law Center has designated SIOA as a hate group, and that they published Jihad Against Islam and The Anti-Muslim Inner Circle by Robert Steinback in their Summer 2011 Intelligence Report. There is a reason that Geller and Spencer are featured prominently in the Center for American Progress “Fear Inc.” report on the Islamophobia network in America. There is a reason that Geller and Spencer are featured in the People for the American Way Right Wing Playbook on Anti-Muslim Extremism. There is a reason that Geller and Spencer are featured in the NYCLU report Religious Freedom Under Attack: The Rise of Anti-Mosque Activities in New York State. There is a reason that Geller and Spencer are featured in the Political Research Associates report Manufacturing the Muslim menace: Private firms, public servants, and the threat to rights and security. There is a reason that Geller and Spencer are featured in just about every legitimate report on Islamophobia and anti-Muslim hatred.
How is it possible that when the State of Alaska held a hearing about Sharia law, Alaska, Rep. Carl Gatto thought that Pamela Geller would be a reputable witness?
How is it possible that Rep. Sam Johnson (R-TX), Ralph Hall (R-TX) and State Rep. Jerry Madden (R-TX) could think it made sense to be on the Honorary Host Committee for a Collin County Conservative Republicans 2009 evening with Pamela Geller of SIOA?
How could Rep. Steven King (R-Iowa) defend Pamela Geller of SIOA’s participation in a tea party event. The Republican believes that Geller “is a credible spokeswoman on these sort of issues,” his communications director John Kennedy tells Mother Jones. “She is a nationally recognized authority on the threat of radical Islam. To extent that her comments [in CAIR’s release] reflect her state of mind, we should err on the side of her as being credible alternative to anything that CAIR has to say”?
How could The Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) think it was reasonable to include a presentation “Jihad: The Political Third Rail;” an event created by Atlas Shrugs’ Pam Geller and Jihad Watch’s Robert Spencer?
How could John Bolton endorse and write the foreword for Spencer and Geller’s 2010 book “The Post-American Presidency: The Obama Administration’s War on America” and endorse Geller’s newest book “Stop the Islamization of America: A Practical Guide to the Resistance” about which Bolton said “The First Amendment’s free-speech guarantee is central to America’s character and our fundamental liberties. Equally important, and stemming from the same philosophical roots, is the Amendment’s twinned protection of religious freedom and its prohibition of establishing religion. These pillars of liberty are under attack around the world, and even here in America. If you want to preserve the Constitution, read this book.”
How is it possible that Rep. Michelle Bachmann could believe that Geller was an appropriate person with whom to sit down for an interview? Geller said about that interview “I had a great interview early this morning with Congressman Michele Bachmann, a Republican Congresswoman from east-central Minnesota, a warrior against Obama’s war on America. Bachmann really gets it. This is a woman I would gladly follow into battle. She’s a comer. If America is to emerge from this war from within, it will be under the stewardship of great Americans like Bachmann. I am a huge fan.”
How is it possible that Ilario Pantano a North Carolina Congressional candidate could welcome Geller’s backing of his campaign? Pantano said “I don’t have any anxieties about Pam Geller,” Pantano said. “She is a patriot. I’m thrilled to have her endorsement.”
How is it possible that Mike Huckabee thinks it appropriate to invite Geller on his television program and give her a platform to spread her hatred “...to build a mosque which embodies the very ideology that attacked us”?
How could former State House Majority leader Adam Hasner express his support for Pamela Geller and Geert Wilders at a Tea Party event. “We face right now an existential threat from Sharia compliant Islam”
How is it possible that the FBI could invite Robert Spencer to speak to the Tidewater Joint Terrorism Task Force, a combination of state, federal, and local law enforcement centered in Norfolk, Virginia.
How is it possible that the U.S. military thinks it makes sense to invite Robert Spencer to train U.S. Military Personnel in Kentucky
This is a list of articles discussing Pamela Geller and Robert Spencer. It is really not possible to maintain two separate article collections, as they work so closely together. They are among the most prolific of the anti-Muslim echo chamber.
Geller and Spencer insist that they (or the rest of their Islamophobia network) don’t engage in broadbrush demonization of Muslims, or in incitement to violence, but that is demonstrably false as proven in the article Spencer, Geller, et al’s “Defense”: Sound and Fury Signifying Nothing. To understand Geller’s “love” for Muslims, see Pamela Geller: Love or pathological hatred towards Muslims?. To understand their “truth is the new hate speech” statement see Pamela Geller & Robert Spencer’‘s Tenuous Grasp of the Concept of “Truth Telling” and also Spencer, Geller, Yerushalmi, Gaffney: Attempt to Conceal Evidence of “Truth-Telling”. To understand their ability to tell a “plot” from a hole in the ground see Islamophobes See “Jihad” Everywhere. For responses to past false claims about Islam and Muslims see What everyone “knows” about Islam and Muslims.
There is a reason that many, even outside of the Muslim community see such demonization of Muslims as Islamophobic. There is a reason that the ADL (A Jewish anti-defamation group) has said that Pamela Geller & Robert Spencer’s Stop the Islamization of America (SIOA) is a “group that promotes an extreme anti-Muslim agenda”. There is a reason that The Southern Poverty Law Center has designated SIOA as a hate group, and that they are featured in the SPLC reports Jihad Against Islam and The Anti-Muslim Inner Circle. There is a reason that Geller and Spencer are featured prominently in the Center for American Progress “Fear Inc.” report on the Islamophobia network in America. There is a reason that Geller is featured in the People for the American Way Right Wing Playbook on Anti-Muslim Extremism. There is a reason that Geller is featured in the NYCLU report Religious Freedom Under Attack: The Rise of Anti-Mosque Activities in New York State. There is a reason that Geller is featured in the Political Research Associates report Manufacturing the Muslim menace: Private firms, public servants, and the threat to rights and security. There is a reason that the SIOA’s trademark patent was denied by the U.S. government due to its anti-Muslim nature. There is a reason that they are featured in our TAM Who’s Who of the Anti-Muslim/Anti-Arab/Islamophobia Industry. There is a reason that Geller is featured in just about every legitimate report on Islamophobia and anti-Muslim hatred.
These people consistently promote the what everyone “knows” lies about Islam and Muslims. They generalize specific incidents to reflect on all Muslims or all of Islam. When they are caught in the act of making up or distorting claims they engage in devious methods to attempt to conceal the evidence.
The claim that “truth tellers” are being accused of Islamophobia for no reason other than their legitimate concerns about real issues and that in fact there is not even such a thing as Islamophobia is nonsense. The further claim that the fact that there are fewer hate crimes against Muslims than against Jews also proves that Islamophobia doesn’t exist is more nonsense.
The reason that this is so obvious to so many is that rational people can tell the difference between legitimate concerns and bigoted stereotypes. The Islamophobia of these folks is very real, and it is also strikingly similar to a previous generations’ anti-Semitism.
ARTICLES FOR FURTHER READING:
All of these articles feature Geller & Spencer and other members of their Islamophobia echo chamber. It is difficult to keep up with their antics. Please enter their name, and/or a topic in the TAM search engine for the most up to date list of articles.
Abedin/ Weiner marriage and dumb “Muslim plots”, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/abedin_weiner
About that Supposed Egyptian Necrophilia Law, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/about-that-egyptian-necrophilia-law
All American Muslim television program
- American Companies Accused of Joining the All-American Anti-Muslim Bandwagon, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/all-american-muslim
- Florida Family Association’s Anti-Muslim Campaign’s Unintended Positive Consequences, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/ffa-enables-positive-discussion-about-american-muslims
- Pamela Geller Recycles Old News to Malign All American Muslims, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/pamela-geller-recycles-old-news-to-malign-all-american-muslims
- Pamela Geller May Regret Stirring Up a Hornet’s Nest of Bigotry, Sheila Musaji (anti-Semitism & Islamophobia) http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/geller-on-ratings
Another fake story about Muslims demanding special treatment: London University alcohol ban, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/another-fake-story
Another hotel turns away Pamela Geller and anti-Shariah group http://blog.chron.com/believeitornot/2011/10/another-hotel-turns-away-pamela-geller-and-anti-shariah-group/
Anti-Islam Nut Sees an Enemy in Rick Perry http://gawker.com/5835460/anti+islam-nut-sees-an-enemy-in-rick-perry
Anti-Islamic Sentiment on the Rise http://www.islamtimes.org/vdchz-ni.23nz-d10t2.html
Attention TV networks: Pam Geller is lying to your viewers http://mediamatters.org/research/201008190024
Bare Naked Islam: Celebrating and encouraging violence against Muslims, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/celebrating-and-encouraging-violence-against-muslims
Glenn Beck and Pamela Geller Shamelessly Attack Memory of Norway Terror Victims, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/forgetting_who_was_attacked
Eric Allen Bell Chooses to Retain “Ridiculous Prejudice”, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/eric-allen-bell
John Bolton Embraces His Pamela Geller And Robert Spencer Problem, Ben Armbruster http://thinkprogress.org/security/2011/09/01/310011/john-bolton-embraces-his-pamela-geller-and-robert-spencer-problem/
- Breivik, Rightist Mass Murderer, ‘Atlas Shrugged’ Contributor, Richard Silverstein http://www.richardsilverstein.com/tikun_olam/2011/07/22/rightist-wreaks-terror-through-norway/
- Anders Behring Breivik: profile of a mass murdererA right-wing fundamentalist with a hatred for Norway’s left, multiculturalism and Muslims, Peter Beaumont http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jul/23/anders-behring-breivik-norway-attacks
- Anders Behring Breivik, a perfect product of the Axis of Islamophobia, Max Blumenthal http://maxblumenthal.com/2011/07/anders-behring-breivik-a-perfect-product-of-the-axis-of-islamophobia/
- Breivik Was Influenced By American Islamophobes Behind ‘Ground Zero Mosque’ Hysteria, Lee Fang http://thinkprogress.org/security/2011/07/25/277631/breivik-influenced-by-american-islamophobes/
- Anders Breivik’s Frightening Testimony, Patrick Glennon http://inthesetimes.com/ittlist/entry/13108/the_coldness_and_delusion_of_anders_breiviks_testimony/
- Breivik’s Swamp: Was the Oslo killer radicalized by what he read online?, Toby Archer http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2011/07/25/breivik_s_swamp
- ‘Eurabia’ advocates scramble for distance from anti-Muslim murderer, Doug Sanders http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/europe/eurabia-advocates-scramble-for-distance-from-anti-muslim-murderer/article2109447/
- Terror Attack in Norway Linked to Right Wing Islamophobes, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/norwegian
- Who Inspired Anders Breivik?, Justin Raimondo http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2011/08/07/who-inspired-anders-breivik/
- The moral supporters of terrorism, Murtaza Hussein http://www.salon.com/2011/08/08/terrorism_38/
Herman Cain hates Muslims. That’s good enough for Geller http://www.examiner.com/liberal-in-baltimore/cain-hates-muslims-that-s-good-enough-for-geller
Campbell’s Soup surrenders to Islamic juggernaut, Justin Elliott http://www.salon.com/news/politics/war_room/2010/10/07/campbells_surrenders_to_islam
The Case of the “Muslim” Judge in Pennsylvania Revisited, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/yet-another-false-story
“Christian? Missionaries?” Bring Message of Hatred to Arab Festival, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/dearborn-festival
The Connection Between Zionism & Organized Islamophobia – The Facts (money trail) http://www.islamophobiatoday.com/2010/09/09/the-connection-between-zionism-organized-islamophobia-%E2%80%93-the-facts/
- CPAC’s anti-Muslim film festival, Justin Elliott http://www.salon.com/news/cpac/index.html?story=/politics/war_room/2011/01/27/cpac_movie_listing
- CPAC, Pamela Geller And Paranoid Confusion!, Bill Egnor http://my.firedoglake.com/somethingthedogsaid/2011/02/13/water-cooler-cpac-pamela-geller-and-paranoid-confusion/
- Geller & Spencer team up for hatefest, Emperor http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/01/pamela-geller-and-robert-spencer-team-up-for-cpac-hate-fest/
- Pamela Geller and Robert Spencer Team Up for CPAC Hate Fest (Jihad: the political third rail) http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/01/pamela-geller-and-robert-spencer-team-up-for-cpac-hate-fest/
- CPAC’s third rail http://mediamatters.org/blog/2010/02/23/pam-geller-and-robert-spencer-cpacs-third-rail/160803
- Geller: CPAC is a hotbed of Islamic terror apologists http://mediamatters.org/blog/2010/02/26/pam-geller-cpac-is-a-hotbed-of-islamic-terror-a/160976
Debating Islamophobes Is a Waste of Time, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/debating-islamophobes
Delta Airlines Discovers the Depths of Islamophobic Fear Mongering, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/delta
Does the most recent military scandal reflect a deeper problem?, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/what-is-our-military-culture
- Pamela Geller versus Gates of Vienna and the EDL?, Mooneye http://www.loonwatch.com/2011/07/blog-wars-pamela-geller-vs-gates-of-vienna-and-the-edl/
- Geller, the EDL & Roberta Moore (EDL Jewish division) http://barthsnotes.com/2011/06/29/roberta-moore-steps-down-from-edl-jewish-division-complains-of-nazis-within-edl/
- Geller and the EDL: together at long last, Richard Bartholomew http://barthsnotes.com/2012/06/12/together-at-long-last-pam-geller-and-the-english-defence-league/
- Harbingers of violence in anti-mosque movement: Geller praises EDL, Joe Conason http://www.salon.com/2010/08/23/edl/
- More fairytales from Geller about the EDL’s Bristol demonstration http://www.islamophobia-watch.com/islamophobia-watch/2012/7/15/more-fairytales-from-geller-about-the-edls-bristol-demonstra.html
Congressman Keith Ellison and the Qur’an, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/congressman_keith_ellison_and_the_quran_1_07
European Islamophobia Finds A Home In The U.S., Reza Aslan http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=129381552
FBI ‘Islam 101′ Guide Depicted Muslims as 7th-Century Simpletons, Spencer Ackerman http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2011/07/fbi-islam-101-guide/
HUGH FITZGERALD (pseudonymn, regular Jihad Watch contributor)
- A response to Hugh Fitzgerald, Lawrence Auster http://www.amnation.com/vfr/archives/007919.html
- Hugh Fitzgerald’s ‘Supermarket Tabloid’ Islamophobia is Showing, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/hugh_fitzgeralds_supermarket_tabloid_islamophobia_is_showing/
- Hugh Fitzgerald: Fitz disses the brothas, Yusuf Smith http://www.blogistan.co.uk/blog/mt.php/2006/02/05/fitz_disses_the_brothas
- Hugh Fitzgerald: Fitz says kick the Muslims out of Europe, Yusuf Smith http://www.blogistan.co.uk/blog/mt.php/2007/08/17/fitz_says_kick_muslims_out_of_europe
- Hugh Fitzgerald Islamophobic article “Tips For Visiting a Mosque” August 2006 http://www.jihadwatch.org/2006/08/fitzgerald-tips-for-visiting-a-mosque.html
- Hugh Fitzgerald on Nadia Abu El-Haj, James Crossley http://earliestchristianhistory.blogspot.com/2005/10/nadia-abu-el-haj-according-to-hugh.html
Flight 93 memorial is proof of what?, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/flight_93_memorial_is_proof_of_what
- Pamela Geller: 60 Minutes description of her is “part of the Islamic supremacist agenda” http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201009270040
- Pamela Geller, in New Book, Accuses SPLC of Being ‘Communist Front’, Robert Steinback http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/islamophobe-pamela-geller-in-new-book-accuses-splc-of-being-communist-front
- Pamela Geller ADL letter http://www.adl.org/media_watch/newspapers/20120326_NY+Jewish+Week.htm
- Pamela Geller, “Allah” and “God”, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/geller-and-god
- Pamela Geller: American patriot or extremist firebrand?, Robert Chalmers http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/pamela-geller-american-patriot-or-extremist-firebrand-2282486.html
- Pamela Geller and other Islamophobes need to learn how to do a “search”, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/islalmophobes-need-to-learn-how-to-do-a-search
- Geller and the Lifeboat Foundation: Stealth Attack on Science?, Richard Loosemore http://ieet.org/index.php/IEET/more/loosemore20110308
- Pamela Geller: Anti-Muslim Circus in Full Nuclear Meltdown: Vicious infighting among the Bigot Brigade, Charles Johnson http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/38828_Pamela_Gellers_Anti-Muslim_Circus_in_Full_Nuclear_Meltdown
- Pamela Geller Attempts to Make a Point, Muslims Shrug (SIOA/AFDI/Atlas Shrugs), Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/pamela_geller_attempts_to_make_a_point
- Pam Geller Backs Anti-Islam Buddhists in Sri Lanka, Richard Bartholomew http://barthsnotes.com/2012/05/04/pam-geller-backs-anti-islam-buddhists-in-sri-lanka/
- Pamela Geller Bars Muslims from “Human Rights” Conference, Sarah Posner http://www.religiondispatches.org/dispatches/sarahposner/5948/pamela_geller_bars_muslims_from_%E2%80%9Chuman_rights%E2%80%9D_conference
- Pamela Geller, biggest Islamophobic bigot of 2010 http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/12/27/163021/06
- Pam Geller Blasts Muslims and Media ‘Knaves’ at Tea Party Convention http://www.sunshinestatenews.com/blog/pam-geller-blasts-muslims-and-media-knaves-tea-party-convention
- Pamela Geller Called out for Being an “anti-Muslim Bigot” on CNN http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/08/pamela-geller-called-out-for-being-an-anti-muslim-bigot-on-cnn/
- Geller calls SPLC post on Atlas Shrugs a “Goebbels-like propaganda campaign” http://mediamatters.org/blog/201008300003
- Pamela Geller, Clinical Paranoid, Jeffrey Goldberg http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2010/10/pamela-geller-clinical-paranoid/64355/
- Geller Compares Opposition To Muslim Radicalization Hearings To “Pre-War Nazi Germany” http://mediamatters.org/blog/2011/03/10/geller-compares-opposition-to-muslim-radicaliza/177421
- Pamela Geller Discovers a “Stealth Jihad” Eid Celebration for Special Needs Kids, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/muslim-special-needs-children
- Pamela Geller Discovers MEAC: a Non-Existent Muslim Organization, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/pamela-geller-discovers-meac-a-non-existent-muslim-organization
- Pamela Geller Discovers Muslim Thanksgiving Turkey Plot, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/geller-and-thanksgiving
- Pamela Geller Discovers Shocking “Prom Jihad” Islamization of America, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/all-girl-prom-offends-pamela-geller
- Pamela Geller edits post to conceal violent rhetoric in ‘email from Norway’ http://www.islamophobia-watch.com/islamophobia-watch/2011/7/30/pamela-geller-edits-post-to-conceal-violent-rhetoric-in-emai.html
- Pamela Geller Event at Jewish Federation Cancelled, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/pamela-geller-event-at-jewish-federation-cancelled
- Pamela Geller’s False Claim that Muslims Curse Christians and Jews in Their Daily Prayers, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/islamophobes-claim-that-muslims-curse-christians-and-jews
- Pamela Geller Faux Fifqa Bary Rally Brings Usual Hate of Islam http://www.loonwatch.com/2009/11/pamela-geller-faux-rally-brings-usual-hate-of-islam/
- Pamela Geller’s Followers Go Nuts (or Are Nuts, or Something), Jeffrey Goldberg http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2011/07/pamela-gellers-followers-go-nuts-or-are-nuts-or-something/242688/
- Pamela Geller’s Foul Anti-Muslim Ideology (Reuel Gerecht), Jeffrey Goldberg http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2010/10/reuel-gerecht-on-pamela-gellers-foul-anti-muslim-ideology/64478/
- Geller: Fox Hosts Geller To Smear NYT In Rant On Sharia Law http://mediamatters.org/blog/201109080022
- Geller: Fox Guest Geller Deemed Too “Disruptive” For Texas Hotel http://mediamatters.org/blog/201110190013
- Pamela Geller: Freaking Viewers out on the Joy Behar Show http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/02/pamela-geller-freaking-viewers-out-on-the-joy-behar-show/
- Freedom from jihad flotilla planned http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2011/06/30/geller-promises-to-save-non-muslims-in-muslim-countries/
- Pamela Geller Gets Murfreesboro Mosque Story Wrong, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/murfreesboro-mosque
- Pamela Geller, Guide Dogs, and Genocide, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/pamela-geller-guide-dogs-and-genocide
- Geller Hallucinating Again (on design for Muslim center in NYC) http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/37309_Pamela_Geller_Hallucinating_Again
- Has Pam Geller’s obsessive hate proven too much for Newsmax?, Terry Krepel http://mediamatters.org/blog/201002250065
- Hateblogger Pamela Geller Testifying for Alaskan ‘Anti-Sharia’ Idiocy, Charles Johnson http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/38320_Hateblogger_Pamela_Geller_Testifying_for_Alaskan_Anti-Sharia_Idiocy
- Honor killings and crocodile tears http://loonwatch.wordpress.com/2011/09/19/%e2%80%9cislamic%e2%80%9d-honor-killings-and-crocodile-tears/
- How a Lunatic, Racist Blogger Is Fanning Hate Against Muslims—With the Help of Our Dumb Media, Joshua Holland http://www.alternet.org/news/147927/how_a_lunatic,_racist_blogger_is_fanning_hate_against_muslims_—_with_the_help_of_our_dumb_media/
- How Pamela Geller stoked the mosque controversy, Justin Elliott http://www.salon.com/news/politics/war_room/2010/08/16/ground_zero_mosque_origins
- I’ll Trade Hate Mail With Pamela Geller Any Day, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/ill_trade_hate_mail_with_pamela_geller_any_day
- In Validating Pam Geller’s Radical Islamophobia, Steve Doocy Validates “Fear, Inc?” http://www.newshounds.us/2011/09/10/in_validating_pam_gellers_radical_islamophobia_steve_doocy_validates_fear_inc.php
- Pamela Geller, in her own words http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/10/nyregion/10gellerb.html
- Is Pamela Geller Starting Judaism’s Westboro Baptist Church? (VIDEO), Joshua Stanton http://www.huffingtonpost.com/joshua-stanton/is-pamela-geller-starting_b_831186.html
- Pamela Geller Is Wrong About “Islamic Jew Hatred Commanded by the Qur’an”, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/pamela-geller-is-wrong-about-islamic-jew-hatred-commanded-by-the-quran
- Pamela Geller’s Latest False “Blood Libel” Claim, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/geller-calling-imam-rauf-statement-blood-libel
- Pamela Geller, the looniest blogger ever http://www.loonwatch.com/2009/08/pamela-geller-the-looniest-blogger-ever/
- Pamela Geller: Love or pathological hatred towards Muslims?, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/a-pathological-hatred-of-muslims
- Pamela Geller: “Loving” Muslims With “Full Metal Jackets”, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/pamela-geller-loving-muslims-with-full-metal-jackets
- Pamela Geller’s Masterpiece, Garrett Quinn http://boston.com/community/blogs/less_is_more/2011/02/pamela_gellers_masterpiece.html
- Memo to media: Pamela Geller does not belong on national television http://mediamatters.org/research/201007140035
- Muslim-Basher Pam Geller, Fresh From Call for Censorship, to Testify to Alaska House Today, Robert Steinback http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2011/03/30/muslim-basher-pam-geller-fresh-from-call-for-censorship-to-testify-to-alaska-house-today/
- Pam Geller Named to Southern Poverty Law Center Hate Hall of Fame, Richard Silverstein http://www.richardsilverstein.com/tikun_olam/2011/03/05/pam-geller-named-to-southern-poverty-law-center-hate-hall-of-fame/
- Pamela Geller’s New Book (Stop the Islamization of America): Communist Bookstore Clerks And “Secret Halal Meat” http://mediamatters.org/blog/201110050010
- Pamela Geller’s New Film: The Next Wave of Anti-Muslim Propaganda, Robert Steinback http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2011/02/15/pamela-gellers-new-film-the-next-wave-of-anti-muslim-propaganda/
- NPR sting also nets ... Pamela Geller?, Justin Elliott http://www.salon.com/news/politics/war_room/2011/03/08/okeefe_npr_pamela_geller/index.html
- Christine O’Donnell removes bigot blogger Geller’s endorsement from website, Alex Pareene http://www.salon.com/2010/10/21/odonnell_geller_endorsement_withdrawn/
- Oklahoma Anti-Shariah Law Defunct, Geller Predicts Revolution, Charles Johnson http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/38387_Oklahoma_Anti-Shariah_Law_Defunct_Geller_Predicts_Revolution
- Pamela Geller: Our own Farrakhan?, Andrew Silow-Carroll http://njjewishnews.com/article/editors-column/pamela-geller-our-own-farrakhan
- Geller: Park51’s Opening Was “Redundant” Because It “Had Broken Ground on September 11, 2001” http://mediamatters.org/blog/201109230004
- The Passions (And Perils) Of Pamela Geller, Doug Chandler http://www.thejewishweek.com/news/new_york/passions_and_perils_pamela_geller
- Pamela Geller’s praise for the desecration of dead bodies is not “funny”, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/desecration-of-bodies
- Geller pressures Alameda County to drop Palestinian Cultural Day, http://mondoweiss.net/2012/06/alameda-county-drops-palestinian-cultural-day-following-pressure-from-pamela-geller.html
- Pamela Geller’s Pretty Hate Machine, Terry Krepel http://www.huffingtonpost.com/terry-krepel/pamela-gellers-pretty-hat_b_386659.html
- Pamela Geller, profiting off of Islamophobia http://thinkprogress.org/2010/10/26/geller-new-book-islam/
- Pam Geller Protests; New York Shrugs http://mediamatters.org/blog/2011/09/12/pam-geller-protests-new-york-shrugs/153079
- Pamela Geller, queen of Muslim bashers, Daniel Quinn http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/20/pamela-gellerqueen-of-mus_n_689709.html
- Pamela Geller Ready to Start Holy War Over Mistranslated Bumper Sticker, Danios of Loonwatch http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/test
- Right-Wing Blogger Discusses Jihad, Park51, And Free Speech At NYU http://nyulocal.com/on-campus/2010/12/10/right-wing-blogger-discusses-jihad-park51-and-free-speech-at-nyu/#ixzz1d94EkMYF
- Pamela Geller: Shrieking Harpy rant generator http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/lgf-shrieking-harpy-generator.php
- Pamela Geller, outraged and outrageous, Anne Barnard and Alan Feuer http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/10/nyregion/10geller.html?_r=2&hp=&pagewanted=all
- Pamela Geller: self-described `racist-Islamophobic-anti-Muslim-bigot’, Paul Moses http://www.commonwealmagazine.org/blog/?p=10374
- SPLC backgrounder on Geller http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-files/profiles/pamela-geller
- Geller’s support for the genocide of the Chechens under Stalin http://www.loonwatch.com/2011/02/pamela-geller-watch-support-for-the-genocide-of-the-cheches/
- Pam Geller supports Glenn Beck but opposes Holocaust being trivialized? http://mediamatters.org/blog/201101310017
- Tea Party Patriots Wallow in Muslim-Bashing Gutter with Geller, Leah Nelson http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2011/06/15/tea-party-patriots-wallow-in-muslim-bashing-gutter-with-geller/
- Pamela Geller’s Tenuous Grasp of the Concept of “Truth Telling”, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/pamela-gellers-tenuous-grasp-of-the-concept-of-truth-telling
- Timeline of Geller’s attack on Cordoba House http://mediamatters.org/research/201009100042
- Pamela Geller Turns Hollywood ShootingTragedy Into an Islamophobic Hate Fest, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/hollywood-shooting/0018902
- Pamela Geller Uncovers Islamist/Leftist Goebbels-Style Propaganda Machine, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/pamela_geller_shamelessly_insulting
- Pamela Geller: Urban Outfitters, Nike, and Burger King - one of these is not like the others, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/pamela-geller-gets-urban-outfitters-story-wrong
- Pamela Geller versus CPAC, Justin Elliott http://www.salon.com/news/politics/war_room/2011/02/12/pamela_geller_cpac/index.html
- VIDEO: Who is Pamela Geller? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90INBVMRgMg&feature=player_embedded
- Video: Pamela Geller Exposed on 60 Minutes http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/37267_Video-_Pamela_Geller_Exposed_on_60_Minutes
- Pamela Geller Watch: Craziest Quotes of the Week #3 http://www.loonwatch.com/2009/12/pamela-geller-watch-craziest-quotes-of-the-week-3/
- Geller’s Wealth from Corruption, Fraud; Dealership She Co-Owned Supplied Cop-Killer Getaway Car, Richard Silverstein http://www.richardsilverstein.com/tikun_olam/2010/10/13/gellers-wealth-from-corruption-fraud-mayve-facilitated-cop-killing/
- White Supremacists Find Common Cause with Pam Geller’s Anti-Islam Campaign http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2010/08/25/white-supremacists-find-common-cause-with-pam-gellers-anti-islam-campaign/
- Why Is Simon & Schuster Spreading the Wild Conspiracy Theories of an Unhinged Islamophobic Blogger?, Elon Green (Post-American Presidency book) http://www.alternet.org/media/147688/why_is_simon_&_schuster_spreading_the_wild_conspiracy_theories_of_an_unhinged_islamophobic_blogger/?page=entire
GELLER & SPENCER - THE DYNAMIC DUO
- Geller, Spencer, & the Cordoba House: Fear and Loathing in New York, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/geller_spencer_the_cordoba_house_fear_and_loathing_in_new_york
- Geller & Spencer angered by Bob Smeitana’s Report on New Nashville Anti-Shariah Conference, Richard Bartholomew http://barthsnotes.com/2011/11/01/report-on-new-nashville-anti-shariah-conference-angers-geller-and-spencer/
- Spencer & Geller, Yerushalmi, Gaffney: Attempt to Conceal Evidence of “Truth-Telling”, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/robert_spencer_pamela_geller_and
- Geller & Spencer attempt to turn Congressional race into a religious war, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/democratic-congressional
- “Christian? Missionaries?” Bring Message of Hatred to Arab Festival, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/dearborn-festival
- Geller & Spencer: Desecration of Cemeteries is An Act of Barbarism, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/desecration-of-cemeteries
- Robert Spencer and Pamela Geller Discover Another Story That Never Happened, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/robert_spencer_and_pamela_geller
- Geller & Spencer Discover Non-Existent Arabic Jihad Plot, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/geller-spencer-get-another-story-wrong-arabic-jihad-plots
- Geller & Spencer Discover “spit jihad”: Muslims can be crazy, criminal, or perverted too!, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/saudi_woman
- Geller & Spencer discover Muslim “vehicular jihad” plot, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/for_pamela_geller_muslims_are_guilty_until_proven_innocent
- Geller & Spencer: Does Rep. Andre Carson Really Want to Turn Public Schools Into Madrassas?, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/rep.-andre-carson
- Geller & Spencer Fantasize About “Muslim Rapists” in Norway, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/geller_and_spencer
- Geller & Spencer fundraise on Norway attack, Alex Pareene http://www.salon.com/2011/08/01/pamela_geller_norway/singleton/
- The Gaza Flotilla of Aid Boats Attacked by Israel, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/the_gaza_flotilla_of_aid_boats_attacked_by_israel
- Pamela Geller & Robert Spencer Get NY Mosque Arson Story Wrong, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/minimizing
- Geller & Spencer: Human Rights Conference Another Anti-Muslim Hate Fest, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/jessica-mokdad-conference
- In flap over mosque near Ground Zero, conservative bloggers gaining influence, Michelle Boorstein http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/08/18/AR2010081802582.html?hpid=topnews
- Robert Spencer and Pamela Geller Lead SIOA Anti-Muslim Hate Rally on 9/11 http://www.loonwatch.com/2011/09/robert-spencer-and-pamela-geller-lead-sioa-anti-muslim-hate-rally-on-911/
- Geller & Spencer: Muslim plot to kill the Pope that never happened, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/muslim_plot_to_kill_the_pope_that_never_happened
- New Evidence of Anti-Islam Bias Underscores Deep Challenges for FBI’s Reform Pledge, Spencer Ackerman http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2011/09/fbi-islam-domination/3/
- Geller & Spencer: The ‘Olympic terror plot’ that wasn’t, Bob Pitt, Islamophobia Watch http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/the-olympic-terror-plot-that-wasnt
- Robert Spencer & Pamela Geller Oppose Interfaith Activities http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/spencer-on-bloomberg-breakfast
- Pamela Geller and Robert Spencer: post Wipe Pakistan Off the Map video http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/03/pamela-geller-and-robert-spencer-wipe-pakistan-off-the-map/
- Spencer & Geller promote Bat Ye’or’s “Eurabia” conspiracy theory, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/bat-yeor
- The religion of child molesters is not the issue, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/exploitation-of-underage-girls
- Geller & Spencer’s reprehensible attack on Imam Qazwini, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/creating-an-anti-muslim-story-out-of-nothing
- Robert Spencer and Pamela Geller Smear Giraldi, Paul, Scott Horton http://www.antiwar.com/blog/2011/08/08/spencer-geller-smear-giraldi-paul/
- Spencer and Geller’s “Defense”: Sound and Fury Signifying Nothing http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/sound_and_fury_signifying_nothing
- The Taqiyya Libel Against Muslims, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/the_taqiyya_libel_against_muslims
- Robert Spencer & Pamela Geller Turn Another Tragedy Into an anti-Muslim Hate Fest (Texas “Santa Claus” murders) http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/spencer-geller
- Geller and Spencer Turn Belgian Shooting Tragedy Into an Islamophobic Hate Fest, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/geller-and-spencer
- Robert Spencer & Pamela Geller use 4th of July to spread Islamophobia http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/using-the-4th-of-July
- Pam Geller and Robert Spencer Using Links To Norway Terrorist For Fundraising Campaign, Ali Gharib http://thinkprogress.org/security/2011/08/01/284365/geller-spencer-fundraising-norway/
Geller and Terry Jones Amp Up Anti-Muslim Hate Rhetoric http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-report/browse-all-issues/2010/winter/geller-jones-amp-up-anti-muslim-hate-#
- Geller, Spencer, Schlussel, Muslims, and the TSA, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/geller-spencer-muslims-and-the-tsa
- What do Navy Seals “learn” by shooting at a target depicting a Muslim woman?, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/what-do-navy-seals-learn-by-shooting-at-a-target-depicting-a-muslim-woman
Khalil Gibran International Academy, Racism and a Campaign of Resistance http://monthlyreview.org/2011/07/01/khalil-gibran-international-academy
- Controversy Over Khalil Gibran Academy and Debbie Almontaser, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/khalil_gibran_academy
The Great Islamophobic Crusade, Max Blumenthal http://www.islamophobiatoday.com/2010/12/20/the-great-islamophobic-crusade/
Great Muslim Scare, Lawrence Davidson http://www.redress.cc/americas/ldavidson20100918
Honor Killing: Deaths Should Be an Interfaith Call to Action, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/the_death_of_aqsa_parvez_should_be_an_interfaith_call_to_action
- David Horowitz’ Islamo-Fascism Awareness Week, An Idea Whose Time Has Passed, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/david_horowitz_islamo_fascism_awareness_week_an_idea_whose_time_has_pa
- David Horowitz and Robert Spencer’s Islamophobia, Matt Duss http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/david-horowitz-and-robert-spencers-islamophobia
- Robert Spencer and David Horowitz Cash in on Hate, Garibaldi http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/08/robert-spencer-david-horowitz-cash-in-on-hate/
- Spencer & Horowitz Lump Anti-Defamation League In With The “Jihadist Apologists” http://mediamatters.org/blog/2011/10/19/anti-muslim-activists-horowitz-and-spencer-lump/182546
Hutaree Christian Militia, Not an Isolated Phenomena, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/hutaree_christian_militia_not_an_isolated_phenomena
Internet crusaders target all Muslims, not just extremists, Colm O’Broin http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/internet-crusaders-target-all-muslims-not-just-extremists
Is The Islamophobia Industry Shutting Down A Cartoon Superhero Show?, Alyssa Rosenberg http://thinkprogress.org/alyssa/2011/10/13/342593/is-the-islamophobia-industry-shutting-down-a-cartoon-superhero-show/
Islamic Fascists? Deceptive Labels & Propaganda are Counterproductive, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/islamic_fascists1
Islamic Sharia and Jewish Halakha Arbitration Courts, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/islamic_sharia_and_jewish_halakha_arbitration_courts
Islamophobes Attack CAP Fear Inc. Report - More Sound & Fury Signifying Nothing, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/islamophobes-attack-cap-fear-inc.-report-more-sound-fury-signifying-nothing
Islamophobia & Anti-Semitism: Everything Old Is New Again, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/comparison-propaganda
Islamophobia Can Be A Useful Term, Sheila Musaji http://www.theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/islamophobia_can_be_a_useful_term/0018676
Islamophobia does have consequences, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/encouraging_hatred
Islamophobia Machine Targets American Muslims, Nihad Awad http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/islamophobia_machine_targets_american_muslims/
Islamophobia, Real or Imagined (major collection of articles about these Islamophobes) http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/islamophobia_real_or_imagined
Jewish “Ahavah shel achvah” Brotherly Love is Difficult for Some to Attain, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/jewish_ahavah_shel_achvah_brotherly_love_is_difficult_for_some_to_atta/
Mapping Sharia Report In(SANE)ity Redux, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/mapping-sharia-report
The Mardin Conference – Understanding Ibn Taymiyyah’s Fatwa, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/mardin_conference
Ed Meese Condemns ‘Fringe Group’ Of Anti-Muslim Activists, Eli Clifton http://thinkprogress.org/security/2012/01/31/415180/edwin-meese-condemns-islamophobic-activists/
Memos Reveal Anti-Muslim Group’s Early Efforts To Bring Islamophobia Into The Mainstream (Frank Gaffney, Clarion, money trail) http://thinkprogress.org/2010/12/06/clarion-fund-website/
Muslims Who Fought Against the ‘Real’ Fascists & Nazis, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/muslims_who_fought_against_the_real_fascists
Never Again For Anyone: Right wing Zionists attempt to muzzle Holocaust survivor speaking for Palestinian rights, Adam Horowitz http://mondoweiss.net/2011/02/never-again-for-anyone-right-wing-zionists-attempt-to-muzzle-holocaust-survivor-speaking-for-palestinian-rights.html
The New Anti-Semitism: Recent attacks on Islam in the United States echo old slurs against Jews, Daniel Luban http://www.tabletmag.com/news-and-politics/43069/the-new-anti-semitism-2/
New York Mosque protest, Richard Bartholemew http://barthsnotes.wordpress.com/2010/06/09/new-york-mosque-protest/
(Non) Muslims against Sharia http://freethinker.co.uk/2007/09/24/non-muslims-against-sharia/
Nuclear Security Summit Logo Is Proof of What?, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/symbols/
The NYPD, the CIA, and “The Third Jihad”, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/nypd
On Pamela Geller, Robert Spencer, and Other Jihadists, Jeffrey Goldberg http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2011/07/on-pamela-geller-robert-spencer-and-other-jihadists/242474/
Orange County 2011 or Germany 1933?, Sheila Musaji (with video) http://www.theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/germany_or_orange_county/0018410
Rash of Fake Anti-Semitic Hate Crimes Teaches Important Lesson, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/mosques-and-synagogues
Rick Perry and the “Pro-Sharia Curriculum:” Pamela Geller is Wrong http://www.countercontempt.com/archives/1982
Rational and legitimate concerns are not the same as bigoted stereotypes, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/bell-nonsense
Religious Accommodation or Creeping Sharia?, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/religious_accomodation_or_creeping_sharia
Responses to Misrepresentation or Misunderstanding of Arabic and Islamic Terms, TAM article collection http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/misunderstood-arabic-terms
Right-Wing Media Continue Muslim Brotherhood Fearmongering By Targeting Moderate Judge appointed to Egyptian Constitutional Council http://mediamatters.org/research/201102170030
Pat Robertson And Spencer Agree: Media Love Islam ‘Cult’ Because They Hate America, Brian Tashman http://www.islamophobiatoday.com/2011/08/04/robertson-and-spencer-agree-media-love-islam-cult-because-they-hate-america/
Henry Rochejaquelein: Robert Spencer Discovers Another Mystery “Expert”, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/henry_rochejaquelein_robert_spencer_discovers_another_
Shamelessly Attacking the Memory of Norway Terror Victims, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/forgetting_who_was_attacked
Debbie Schlussel “Out-hates” Glenn Beck and Pamela Geller, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/debbie_schlussel_out-hatesglenn_beck_and_pamela_geller
Roland Shirk Cannot Stand by His Own Words, Too Cowardly to Name Loonwatch http://www.islamophobiatoday.com/2011/02/16/sue-myrick%E2%80%99s-chief-of-staff-to-join-anti-muslim-hate-group/
Roland Shirk Thinks Muslim Environmentalists Part of Sinister Plot to Colonize the West?, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/green_muslims
Roland Shirk on JihadWatch Calls for Unconstitutional Reforms to Ghettoize Muslims, Sparks Genocidal Rage Among Readers, Greeneye http://www.loonwatch.com/2011/02/jihadwatch-calls-for-unconstitutional-reforms-to-ghettoize-muslims-sparks-genocidal-rage-among-readers/
Ali Sina and Faith Freedom International, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/ali_sina
Ali Sina Launches Sharpened Olive Branch of Hate, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/ali-sina-launches-sharpened-olive-branch-of-hate
- ADL backgrounder on SIOA http://www.adl.org/main_Extremism/sioa.htm
- ADL’s Abe Foxman condemns Geller and Spencer’s 9/11 protest as ‘un-American’ http://www.islamophobia-watch.com/islamophobia-watch/2010/9/2/abe-foxman-condemns-geller-and-spencers-911-protest-as-un-am.html
- AFDI/SIOA/SIOE/SION/EDL - If At First You Don’t Succeed Add Another Acronym, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/if-at-first-you-dont-succeed
- AFDI Pamela Geller’s Hate Group Releases McCarthy List http://loonwatch.wordpress.com/2011/08/17/pamela-geller%e2%80%99s-hate-group-releases-mccarthy-list/
- AFDI/SIOA Calls for Boycott of Urban Outfitters, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/pamela-geller-gets-urban-outfitters-story-wrong
- SIOA Pamela Geller and Robert Spencer Announce New Anti-Muslim Front Group, Charles Johnson http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/39783_Pamela_Geller_and_Robert_Spencer_Announce_New_Anti-Muslim_Front_Group
- SIOA anti-mosque hatefest in NYC, Mooneye http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/06/nyc-mosque-protest-protesters-turn-on-each-other-at-sioa-hate-fest/
- SIOA co-founder: kill your liberal relatives and all Muslims http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/8/3/890055/-SIOA-co-founder:-kill-your-liberal-relatives-and-all-Muslims
- SIOA: Dogs, Donkeys and Women, Oh My!, Eli Clifton http://www.antiwar.com/blog/2009/09/20/dogs-donkeys-and-women-oh-my/
- SIOA is an anti-Muslim hate group, Garibaldi http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/07/sioa-is-an-anti-muslim-hate-group/
- SIOA: New Anti-Islam Group, Same Old Faces, Richard Bartholomew http://barthsnotes.wordpress.com/2009/09/27/new-anti-islam-group-same-old-faces/
- SIOA Stop Islamization versus One Law for All and Harry’s Place, Richard Bartholomew http://barthsnotes.wordpress.com/2011/08/17/stop-islamization-vs-one-law-for-all-and-harrys-place/
- SIOA: NY Times rejects Islamophobic ad http://thinkprogress.org/security/2012/03/15/445396/new-york-times-anti-muslim-ad/
- SIOA: John Jay Openly Calls for Mass Murder, Charles Johnson http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/39223_Pamela_Geller_Associate_John_Jay_Openly_Calls_for_Mass_Murder and Spencer And Geller Disavow Anti-Muslim Activist’s Call For Violence, Say He Was Never A Board Member http://thinkprogress.org/security/2011/10/04/336167/spencer-and-geller-disavowal-john-ja/ and Geller and Spencer downplay John Jay links http://barthsnotes.com/2011/10/05/geller-and-spencer-downplay-john-jay-links/
- SIOA versus One Law for All and Harry’s Place http://barthsnotes.com/2011/08/17/stop-islamization-vs-one-law-for-all-and-harrys-place/
- SIOA and SIOE “Transatlantic Summit” Cancelled, Richard Bartholomew http://barthsnotes.com/2011/07/02/sioa-and-sioe-transatlantic-summit-cancelled/
- SIOA A tale of two bus ads, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/bus-ads
- SIOA Is this the sort of ‘patriot’ that Geller mobilises? SIOA protestor shouts kill all the Muslims http://www.islamophobia-watch.com/islamophobia-watch/2010/9/13/is-this-the-sort-of-patriot-that-geller-mobilises-sioa-prote.html
- SIOE Geller denounces British Jewish groups for opposing SIOE demonstration http://www.islamophobia-watch.com/islamophobia-watch/2009/12/22/cst-and-jc-are-collaborators-in-the-war-against-the-jews-cla.html
- SION: Hate Groups Unite to Form an International Hate Coalition, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/sion
- SION Oskar Freysinger: Board Member of SION Allegedly a Closet Anti-Semite http://www.loonwatch.com/2012/03/oskar-freysinger-board-member-of-sion-allegedly-a-closet-anti-semite/
- SION Pamela Geller Announces New “Coalition”, Richard Bartholomew http://barthsnotes.wordpress.com/2010/11/12/pamela-geller-announces-new-coalition/
- SION Pamela Geller Announces Another “New Global Force”, Richard Bartholomew http://barthsnotes.com/2012/01/18/pamela-geller-announces-another-new-global-force/
So who are the Nazis?: Meet Atlas Thugs, Max Blumenthal http://www.lobelog.com/so-who-are-the-nazis-meet-atlas%e2%80%99s-thugs/
- Robert Spencer: 10 Points of Obfuscation http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/robert_spencers_10_points_of_obfuscation/
- Robert Spencer: 14-year old girl’s scarf might undermine the U.S. Army’s “singleness of purpose
- 17,000 “Islamic terrorist” attacks exist in fevered Islamophobic brains, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/17000_islamic_terrorist_attacks_exist_in_fevered_islamophobic_brains
- Robert Spencer and the Big Lie About “Islamic” Terrorism Threat http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/robert-spencers-specious-arguments
- Robert Spencer: A closed mind is a terrible thing to waste (Robert Spencer) http://www.theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/a_mind_is_a_terrible_thing_to_waste/0018044
- Robert Spencer and the Muslim “Borg” http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/robert_spencer_and_the_muslim_borg/
- Robert Spencer and the disappearing articles http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/robert_spencer_and_the_disappearing_articles/
- Spencer and “f**kislam.com” and “f**kallah.com” websiteshttp://www.loonwatch.com/2009/11/loonwatch-exclusive-robert-spencers-fkallahcom-fkislamcom/ and http://www.loonwatch.com/2009/11/update-under-fire-spencer-loses-his-cool-fk-cair/ - Update Update: “f**kislam.com” Magically Disappears from Robert Spencer’s JihadWatch.org http://www.loonwatch.com/2009/11/updatefkislamcom-magically-disappears-from-robert-spencers-jihadwatchorg/
- Robert Spencer Anti-Muslim Bigot Comes to the Defense of Genocidal Site “BareNakedIslam”, Garibaldi http://www.loonwatch.com/2011/11/anti-muslim-bigot-robert-spencer-comes-to-the-defense-of-genocidal-site-barenakedislam/
- Spencer Arabic fluency: —Robert Spencer, pseudo-scholar, gets Arabic 101 lessons from LoonWatch, Danios http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/robert-spencer-pseudo-scholar-gets-arabic-101-lessons-from-loonwatch
- The Archbishop of Canterbury and the Sharia Debate, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/archbishop_of_canterbury_and_sharia
- Robert Spencer Attacks Interfaith Leaders, Imam Mohamed Magid and Cardinal Theodore McCarrick, Jacob M. Hausner http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/robert-spencer-attacks-interfaith-leaders-imam-mohamed-magid-and-cardinal-t
- Robert Spencer Attempts to Falsely Link Belgian Attacker to Islam, Based Solely on His Muslamic Sounding Name, Garibaldi http://www.loonwatch.com/2011/12/robert-spencer-attempts-to-link-belgian-attacker-to-islam-based-solely-on-his-muslamic-sounding-name/
- Spencer “Banu Qurayza”: Forging a Common Front Against the Totalitarian Mind: A Case Study in Religious Demonization, Robert D. Crane http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/forging_a_common_front_against_the_totalitarian_mind_a_case_study_in_r and Part II Robert Spencer’s Interpretation of the Banu Qurayza “Massacre” Myth http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/book-review-the-truth-about-muhammad-founder-of-the-worlds-most-intolerant
- Robert Spencer Calls Co-Panelist Who Disagrees With Him On Egypt An “Islamic Supremacist” http://mediamatters.org/video/2011/02/14/robert-spencer-calls-co-panelist-who-disagrees/176430
- Robert Spencer, Cyberpath has a Weird Fetish For Reza Aslan http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/12/cyberpath-robert-spencer-has-a-weird-fetish-for-reza-aslan/
- Spencer, Cyberpath still on the War Path against Ahmed Rehab and Reza Aslan http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/10/cyberpath-still-on-the-war-path-against-ahmed-rehab-and-reza-aslan/
- The Danish Cartoons http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/through_the_looking_glass_the_danish_cartoons_dumb_and_dumber
- Spencer: “dhimmitude”
—More proof that Robert Spencer is an intellectual huckster (misrepresenting “dhimmitude”), Danios - Part 1a http://spencerwatch.com/2010/05/25/more-proof-that-robert-spencer-is-an-intellectual-huckster/ - Part 1b Do Muslims want to reimpose dhimmitude or live as equals? http://spencerwatch.com/2010/05/22/do-muslims-want-to-reimpose-dhimmitude-or-live-as-equals/ - Part 1c The Church’s Doctrine of “Perpetual Servitude” was Worse than “Dhimmitude” http://www.loonwatch.com/2009/11/the-churchs-doctrine-of-perpetual-servitude-was-worse-than-dhimmitude/ - Part 2 The Protocols of the Elders of Mecca; The Final Word on the Pact of Umar http://spencerwatch.com/2010/03/01/the-protocols-of-the-elders-of-mecca-the-final-word-on-the-pact-of-umar/ - Spencer responds to Danios articles, and Danios responds to Spencer’s response http://spencerwatch.com/2009/12/03/robert-spencer-is-on-the-ropes-spencer%e2%80%99s-bumbling-reply-to-loonwatch/
- Robert Spencer Fail: Tries to Use Death of Pope Shenouda III to Promote Sectarianism and Islamophobia, Emperor http://www.loonwatch.com/2012/03/robert-spencer-fail-tries-to-use-death-of-pope-shenouda-iii-to-promote-sectarianism-and-islamophobia/
- Robert Spencer: Gov’t Officials Conversion to Islam like “joining the Nazi Party during WW II” http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/robert-spencer-and
- Robert Spencer Grasps at Any Crack Pot “mythistory”: Links Hajj Origins to Hinduism, Greeneye http://www.loonwatch.com/2011/07/robert-spencer-grasps-at-any-crack-pot-%e2%80%9cmythistory%e2%80%9d-links-hajj-origins-to-hinduism/
- Hamas “Child Bride” Incident That Never Happened, Sheila Musaji (Spencer scrubbed false story from his site) http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/hamas_child_bride_incident_that_never_happened
- Robert Spencer in Germany, thousands protest: “It was like looking into the pit of hell”, Garibaldi http://www.loonwatch.com/2011/06/thousands-protest-robert-spencer-in-germany-it-was-like-looking-into-the-pit-of-hell/
- Spencer, is he a scholar? On Spencer’s Credentials and Methodology, Danios http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/08/is-robert-spencer-a-scholar/
- Robert Spencer is Wrong about claim that 80% of American Mosques are radicalized, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/80-of-american-mosques
- Spencer: Islamophobia and anti-Semitism, comparison of Spencer and Julius Streicher statements, Colm O’Broin http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/islamophobia-and-antisemitism-same-message-different-minority
- Spencer: “jihad” misrepresentation of Hirabah/Jihad/Terrorism/Violence/Just War/Crusades see our resource collection of articles rebutting these claims including a 9 part series by Danios of Loonwatch and numerous TAM responses http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/hirabah_jihad_terrorism_violence_just_war_crusades
- Robert Spencer: Elena Kagan Ignorantly Promoting Shariah Law http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/08/robert-spencer-watch-elena-kagan-ignorantly-promoting-shariah-law/
- Robert Spencer Meets With European ‘Neo-Nazis’ prior to Islamo Fascism Awareness Week http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/robert_spencer_meets_with_european_neo_nazis_prior_to_islamo_fascism_awaren
- More dissection of Robert Spencer’s “scholarship”, Ali Eteraz http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/more_dissection_of_robert_spencers_scholarship
- Muslim demographics: Dumbest Muslim plot ever, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/dumbest_muslim_plot_ever —and Robert Spencer Worried About Ticking Muslim ‘Demographic Time Bomb at Loon Watch http://www.loonwatch.com/2009/08/robert-spencer-worried-about-ticking-muslim-demographic-time-bomb/
- Muslim or Christian What’s the Difference, the Muslims Are at Fault http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/muslim_or_christian_whats_the_difference_the_muslims_are_at_fault/
- “Notes on the Ideological Patrons of an Islamophobe, Robert Spencer”, Carl W. Ernst http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/notes-on-the-ideological-patrons-of-an-islamophobe-robert-spencer
- PJ Media, Robert Spencer, and Gutter Bigotry, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/pj-media
- Spencer: - The Politically Incorrect Guide to Robert Spencer http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/the_politically_incorrect_guide_to_robert_spencer/
- Robert Spencer publishes Nicolai Sennels’ Nazi Style Propaganda http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/robert-spencer
- Robert Spencer Questions Loyalty Of Top CIA Counterterror Official, Ali Gharib http://thinkprogress.org/security/2012/03/29/454325/spencer-loyalty-roger-cia/
- Robert Spencer Rapes the Truth, Part 1: Does Sharia Reject the Testimony of a Rape Victim?, Danios http://www.loonwatch.com/2009/12/testimony-of-rape-victim/ —Spencer responds to Danios and Danios responds to Spencer’s response http://spencerwatch.com/2010/03/05/robert-spencer-fuming-over-loonwatch-threatens-danios-with-101-lashes/
- Robert Spencer Runs Away From Dean Obeidallah Interview, Emperor http://www.loonwatch.com/2011/12/robert-spencer-runs-away-from-dean-obeidallah-interview/ and The Muslim comedian and the Islamophobe: A funny thing happened on the way to the interview, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/dean-obeidallah
- Robert Spencer Scrubs Another Blog Post, Richard Bartholomew http://barthsnotes.com/2012/03/20/robert-spencer-scrubs-another-blog-post/
- Robert Spencer Shows White Nationalist Colors, Leah Nelson http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/muslim-basher-robert-spencer-shows-white-nationalist-colors
- Spencer: Truth About Muhammad book: The Mission of Imams in America: Marginalizing Extremists by Revealing the Real Truth About Muhammad, Robert D. Crane http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/the_mission_of_imams_in_america_marginalizing_extremists_by_revealing_
- Robert Spencer: TSA worker’s scarf an “Islamic Supremacist dare”? http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/robert-spencer-tsa-workers-scarf-might
- Spencer versus Christina Abraham: Spencer lambasted by Christina Abraham on Eric Bolling program http://www.loonwatch.com/2011/03/christina-abraham-slams-anti-muslim-bigot-robert-spencer/
- Spencer versus Andrew Bostom, Emperor http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/04/the-great-blog-wars-andrew-bostom-vs-robert-spencer/
- Spencer versus Danios: 18 months and Spencer still avoiding a debate http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/danios-vs-spencer
- Spencer versus Charles Johnson http://www.loonwatch.com/2009/12/the-blog-wars-robert-spencer-goes-postal-on-charles-johnson/ and Charles Johnson takes on Spencer http://www.loonwatch.com/2009/09/the-blog-wars-charles-johnson-takes-on-robert-spencer-for-hanging-out-with-the-extremists/ and The Ludicrous Lies of Robert Spencer (in defending Geller), Charles Johnson http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/37400_The_Ludicrous_Lies_of_Robert_Spencer
- Spencer versus Khalil Mohammed http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/robert_spencers_obsession_with_islam_what_would_jesus_do
- Spencer versus Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/what_exactly_is_required_to_be_considered_a_moderate_muslim
- Spencer versus Rick Perry and the Aga Khan http://barthsnotes.com/2011/09/02/anti-shariah-activists-row-over-rick-perry/
- Spencer versus Ali Sina, Bob Pitt http://www.islamophobia-watch.com/islamophobia-watch/2005/4/21/when-islamophobes-fall-out.html
- Will the Extreme Right Succeed? :: Turning the War on Terror into a War on Islam, Louay M. Safi http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/will_the_extreme_right_succeed_turning_the_war_on_terror_into_a_war_on
- Robert Spencer Wrong about claim that 80% of American Mosques are radicalized http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/80-of-american-mosques
The Subversive “Arab”, “Islamic” Doughnut Ad (Rachel Ray paisley scarf), Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/doughnuts_and_islam/
Virginia Tech and Islam?, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/virginia_tech_and_islam1
What everyone “knows” about Islam and Muslims, Sheila Musaji (responses to false anti-Muslim memes) http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/what_everyone_knows/
Where is the U.S. Government Getting It’s Information on Islam and Muslims?, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/where_is_the_u.s._government_getting_its_information_on_islam_and_musl
White House Iftar Provokes the Islamophobic Lunatic Fringe, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/white_house_iftar1
Whole Foods Almost Acknowledged American Muslims as Human Beings, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/how_do_i_love_muslims_let_me_count_the_ways
Who’s Who of the Anti-Muslim/Anti-Arab/Islamophobia Industry, Sheila Musaji (backgrounder articles by name) http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/a_whos_who_of_the_anti-muslimanti-arabislamophobia_industry
David Wood and Spencer “Debate”? http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/david-wood-and-robert-spencer-debate
David Yerushalmi and (in)SANE, Sheila Musaji http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/david_yerushalmi_and_insane
originally posted 5/2/2008